Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Will 3rd stringers be just as good as 1st in M16? (/forums/showthread.php?t=846672)

juggalotusx 07-02-2015 08:39 PM

Will 3rd stringers be just as good as 1st in M16?

Maybe it was just me but it really bothers me when I can still run the ball with a 3rd string back just as good if not better than my starter or have my 65 cb that I put in on purpose play better and make more plays than my 80's or 90's cbs.
If you are wondering who I put in hyde a low 70 player in for gore, and I put in the 49ers lower cb for brock.
I just wish sometime players would feel more like there personality and playing style, still just so monotone to me. Even receivers feel almost the same I will have a lower rated guy drop the ball just as much as a high rated guy or make the same catches, just my opinion.

jpdavis82 07-02-2015 10:31 PM

Re: Will 3rd stringers be just as good as 1st in M16?

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggalotusx (Post 2047460336)
Maybe it was just me but it really bothers me when I can still run the ball with a 3rd string back just as good if not better than my starter or have my 65 cb that I put in on purpose play better and make more plays than my 80's or 90's cbs.
If you are wondering who I put in hyde a low 70 player in for gore, and I put in the 49ers lower cb for brock.
I just wish sometime players would feel more like there personality and playing style, still just so monotone to me. Even receivers feel almost the same I will have a lower rated guy drop the ball just as much as a high rated guy or make the same catches, just my opinion.

This is kind of up in the air with Donny leaving, we'll have to see what they do this year and in the future with ratings.

CM Hooe 07-02-2015 10:51 PM

Third stringers don't play as well as first stringers in Madden NFL 15 and many Madden games before this past one, so I imagine this behavior will remain the same in Madden NFL 16.

BreakingBad2013 07-02-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM Hooe (Post 2047460726)
Third stringers don't play as well as first stringers in Madden NFL 15 and many Madden games before this past one, so I imagine this behavior will remain the same in Madden NFL 16.

I disagree. There not huge differences between starters and bench players. Many Speed WRs can do more damage than say, Jordy Nelson.

Your lock down CB will get burnt just as much as your 78 ovr cb. Ratings barely matter in Madden, always have.

Skyboxer 07-02-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Pretty much. In our CFM I was hampered a lot when I went to my rookie QB.
Then when I went youth/speed with WR's later in year , while they had the burst and big play potential, they were not very reliable in the catching and non fumbling category.

I also had to try and revamp my CB's.. while they did cover for the most part like a veteran that was simply due to the crappy WR non attacking the ball issue... but they still got beat more than I'd like to remember.
I had a poor safety that cost me more than once with his.. "Hey look I'm getting beat again deep" formula.

iLLWiLL 07-03-2015 01:40 AM

Carlos Hyde isn't a scrub.

Last year, Eagles 3rd RB Chris Polk was a more efficient runner in limited time than first stringer Lesean Mccoy was. Like one poster said, there isn't always a huge difference between starter and 3rd string...

Shady Mike 07-03-2015 03:09 AM

Quote:

I also disagree
Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013 (Post 2047460813)
I disagree. There not huge differences between starters and bench players. Many Speed WRs can do more damage than say, Jordy Nelson.

Your lock down CB will get burnt just as much as your 78 ovr cb. Ratings barely matter in Madden, always have.

IDK why this thread has a 1 star rating lol because it's very accurate...Ratings mean V.E.R.Y. little in this franchise. Especially in these 3 major areas:

1. QB Accuracy
2. Man / Zone Coverage
3. Route Running

1. Is self explanatory a CPU-controlled Tim Tebow will shred your defense just as easily as Tom Brady would

2. In terms of defense just as Breaking Bad said your lock down CB will get burnt just as much as your 78 ovr cb

3. And this is basically the same as #2 because a 70 OVR guy with a 95 speed rating is as good as anybody if you put him in the slot lol.

So I would definitely like to see there be more of a skill gap between skill position guys like that in the situations which I mentioned earlier.

Godgers12 07-03-2015 04:06 AM

There are only a few ratings that even matter when a player is being controlled by a user especially HB's, spd acc agl str trk are the only ratings that do anything for a HB. Also, I had this 65 ovr MLB in my online franchise and I user my MLBs, and since he had 91 spd 80 str and 95 hit he started for me and I had 15 picks with him his 1st year along with 75 tackles (people never learn to not throw at my user lol). Anyways, what did I spend his xp on? Spd, didn't even bother touching his 45 awr and prc, instead bumped his spd to 97 and his hit to 99.