Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Commentary Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=846930)

Agatorfan 07-06-2015 06:07 PM

Commentary Thread

It's time to let out your matt vasgerian,Eric Karros and Steve Lyons frustrations here. It's time for a commentary change. I've literally heard Matt say the same exact thing from mlb 07 the show

Syce 07-06-2015 06:34 PM

Re: Commentary Thread

it would be way better if they added in the real commentators for each major league team, then use matt, etc for all the minor league junk.

Jr. 07-06-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sycecg (Post 2047471738)
it would be way better if they added in the real commentators for each major league team, then use matt, etc for all the minor league junk.

Add audio for 32 groups of broadcast teams? You might want to lower your demands a little.

countryboy 07-06-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

This will never happen.

As for the commentary, I'm more than likely in the extreme minority but I like it. Yes there are things I would like to be added but it doesn't bother me like it does others. My thought I guess is that no matter how many lines you add, eventually they are going to be repeated, especially if you play a bunch of games.

:y220b:

WaitTilNextYear 07-06-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr. (Post 2047471754)
Add audio for 32 groups of broadcast teams? You might want to lower your demands a little.

I think the absolute most we could ever hope for is to have each team's announcers do maybe 5-10 similar lines in their particular idiom (i.e. "here's the lineup for your hometown xxxxxxx"). I would love to hear Pat Hughes say "Chicago Cubs baseball is on the air!" as the game loads; this would be an example of what I mean. Replacing the current broadcast team with all 32 teams (radio or TV) would basically be impossible (although it would be amazing).

Agatorfan 07-06-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Whoever invents this system will be filthy rich. Not likely though

HozAndMoose 07-06-2015 08:39 PM

Turn off the commentary. Post an ad on craigslist for 2 guys to sit and commentate in real life while you play the game. Problem solved.

ML 07-06-2015 11:00 PM

My only issue is that the guys upstairs feel the need to constantly remind you when you are throwing a no-hitter / perfect game. Don't jinx it! :splat: