Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Injuries should mean something (/forums/showthread.php?t=84707)

Gagnon39 06-22-2004 07:43 PM

Injuries should mean something

Why is it that when one of my players gets injuered during dynasty he returns every time to his original level of play. By that I mean if a running back has a torn acl he will recover by next year and be just as good. EA should have it where, depending on the seriousness of the injury, your player will not return to his glory days, much like Terrell Davis.

studman 06-23-2004 12:25 AM

Re: Injuries should mean something

i've had that happen to me.

i had a stud CB i drafted who was an 89 with 92 spd by his 3rd year, then he tore his MCL in pre-season, out for the year.

when he came back the following year he was a 76 with a 88 spd, so it does happen.

i've actually had that happen a number of times and i swear it always happens after i give them that fat 4 yr 25 mil contract....

Gagnon39 06-23-2004 02:30 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
studman said:
i've had that happen to me.

i had a stud CB i drafted who was an 89 with 92 spd by his 3rd year, then he tore his MCL in pre-season, out for the year.

when he came back the following year he was a 76 with a 88 spd, so it does happen.

i've actually had that happen a number of times and i swear it always happens after i give them that fat 4 yr 25 mil contract....

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Hmm...well that's cool then. I was just kind of guessing because I've had players return from injury. I've never actually checked their stats before and after the injury. One of the coolest things I've noticed about injured players is how they will wear accessories to show their injury when returning. For example, I drafed Eli Manning last year with the Bears and he had twisted his ankle and was out for about 3-4 weeks. For his first two games he had tape on the sprained ankle. Pretty neat I think. I don't know if anything else happens for, say, elbows or arms but I know it happens for ankle injuries.

OHguy00 06-23-2004 08:48 AM

Thats a pretty cool feature, I've never seen that before. When my players get injured, they are usually out for like 7 plays or something unless I am simming.