Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Help choosing a Racing Game (/forums/showthread.php?t=847137)

Candyman5 07-09-2015 03:52 PM

Help choosing a Racing Game

I'm looking for a Racing game to play and was interested in the plus and negatives of the big racing games.

I own a PS4 with Plus and a Xbone with Gold.

jb12780 07-09-2015 04:54 PM

Re: Help choosing a Racing Game

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candyman5 (Post 2047481613)
I'm looking for a Racing game to play and was interested in the plus and negatives of the big racing games.

I recommend project cars. Very good game that is about as close to a sim racer you will get on the console. The on track action is excellent.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

berad88 07-09-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candyman5 (Post 2047481613)

Are you a fan of any real life racing that you watch regularly?
Are there any certain types of racing or cars that are more appealing to you? Do you want a game that specializes in certain types of cars or a game that offers a wide variety?
Are you interested in longer more lifelike races where you have to manage tire wear and fuel, or are you more interested in quick 3 lap sprints?

Candyman5 07-10-2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berad88 (Post 2047482513)
Are you a fan of any real life racing that you watch regularly?
Are there any certain types of racing or cars that are more appealing to you? Do you want a game that specializes in certain types of cars or a game that offers a wide variety?
Are you interested in longer more lifelike races where you have to manage tire wear and fuel, or are you more interested in quick 3 lap sprints?

I like anything, arcade (If it feels right) and Sim. Not really a fan of Nascar however ever since Dale Sr. Passed.

I played a lot of Forza 3 (or 2) back in the day but since then I haven't really played another racing game.

I heard great things about Forza Horizon 2 and Project Cars so I been looking into both but haven't pulled the trigger.

AUChase 07-12-2015 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candyman5 (Post 2047483368)
I like anything, arcade (If it feels right) and Sim. Not really a fan of Nascar however ever since Dale Sr. Passed.

I played a lot of Forza 3 (or 2) back in the day but since then I haven't really played another racing game.

I heard great things about Forza Horizon 2 and Project Cars so I been looking into both but haven't pulled the trigger.

If you're into arcade racers done right.. DriveClub is THE ANSWER.

Absolutely terrific dev. support since it's release and It's an easy game to pick up and play. The screenshots speak for themselves as well.. It's beautiful.

I suggest it to everyone. I own both DriveClub and Project Cars and DC always gets more play time. I don't have the patience for Project Cars right now, but it handles pretty well as a sim racer. I played it a few times, but It's the type of game I don't want to play until there's a G27 wheel available for use on the PS4..

I think there's something for everyone out there right now. Just figure out what interests you most and go with it.

lasthour 07-15-2015 04:33 PM

Forza Horizon 2, customize, open world, great sense of speed, great physics, variety of races, weather, terrain changes, various vehicles, customizable game settings, etc

Best sim-cad racer out there in my opinion and it's not even close.

chunt04 07-23-2015 08:51 AM

I would suggest Project Cars or F1 2015 if you are looking to do anything more than 3 lap races. These two games have fantastic on track action and a wealth of race length and track options.