Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 2005: Chalk Talk (IGN Article) (/forums/showthread.php?t=84717)

Spin 06-22-2004 09:08 PM

Madden NFL 2005: Chalk Talk (IGN Article)

Link

Nice read, I cant wait to see it in action.

mvb34 06-22-2004 10:06 PM

Re: Madden NFL 2005: Chalk Talk (IGN Article)

Nice find Spin, good info.

TheKing 06-22-2004 10:50 PM

sounds great

LBzrule 06-22-2004 10:53 PM

The emphasis on Defense has gotten my attention big time. Now if this is not merely advertising, but actuall 100% true, then I'll be all over this game.

Brandwin 06-22-2004 10:59 PM

Nice find. Im getting excited for Madden as well. Yes you usually know what your getting with Madden, but it plays a damn good game of football and has probably the best franchise mode of any football game.

bigeastbumrush 06-22-2004 11:03 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Spin said:
Link

Nice read, I cant wait to see it in action.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

2005 is about the three or five step drop and release. You hold the ball any longer than that, you tuck the rock and try to run, and the defense pursues you like they're trying to remove your head from your body…or at least your helmet.

The intriguing thing about this is that it may actually be true. We haven't seen enough videos to say otherwise. So, it's a possibility which would be great.

DB's are great at jumping routes, adjusting to where the quarterback is throwing the ball, and reaching up to make a play.

DB's were too good at snagging INTs out of mid-air in last year's game. I wonder how this will play out.

When you run a wide receiver in motion and hike the ball while he's in between the tackles, the wide receiver will now stay in and automatically help with the block. Last year, the receiver would release through the line and the A.I. wouldn't know who to cover (a move that's illegal in tournaments). This year, it's helpful if you think your opponent is bringing the house with a blitz and you need that extra player back there to give your quarterback more time to throw the ball.

Excellent.

Madden looks like a solid title this year. I think quietly it may suprise some people. Like I said before, we just don't know because of the lack of videos. I think EA is showing their poker face right now.

Mixman11 06-22-2004 11:03 PM

EA just copied the shoulder charge button from ESPN. But the rest of the game does look solid.

Brandwin 06-22-2004 11:05 PM

Mixman11 said:
EA just copied the shoulder charge button from ESPN.

edit: Ill just at that comment.