Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here (/forums/showthread.php?t=847474)

Steve_OS 07-14-2015 08:31 AM

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR is available today for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. We wanted to open a new discussion for those of you that didn't get a chance to try out the EA Access trial.

Get in a few rounds and post your impressions.

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR page.

shogunofharlem3 07-14-2015 08:34 AM

Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishepa (Post 2047492702)
Every shot I hit comes up about 10-15 yards short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too. I am playing on Tour mode and have a very hard time with on the Slow rating on the swing mechanic. Can't really figure out what I'm doing wrong. I get Full Swing on the backswing, then I'm always between -2 to -7 slow.

Also, not sure but I can't get out of bunkers. No matter what shot type I select I end up stuck.

Otherwise, I like it. Wish in My Pro mode or whatever it is called you could have the option to play the whole round and not just 6 holes starting at a sim score.

Flightwhite24 07-14-2015 08:40 AM

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:

Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3 (Post 2047492763)
Me too. I am playing on Tour mode and have a very hard time with on the Slow rating on the swing mechanic. Can't really figure out what I'm doing wrong. I get Full Swing on the backswing, then I'm always between -2 to -7 slow.

Also, not sure but I can't get out of bunkers. No matter what shot type I select I end up stuck.

Otherwise, I like it. Wish in My Pro mode or whatever it is called you could have the option to play the whole round and not just 6 holes starting at a sim score.

What helped me on the Xbox One trial was by flicking the thumb stick and I was able to get a "Fast" response at a higher rate. I will say it is easier to get "Fast" on the PS4 retail version. I'm getting it a a very high clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaygaming901 07-14-2015 09:08 AM

If anyone is interested, my 1st impressions http://youtu.be/a9F1mYZwyHk

Barto 07-14-2015 09:34 AM

IGN Review is a stinker

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...paign=Blogroll

TheNinjaGuyDon 07-14-2015 09:34 AM

The lack of features makes this game mediocre at best imo. Unless EA pushes some decent updates adding to depth, I suspect it will be in the EA Access vault before the year is over.

TheNinjaGuyDon 07-14-2015 09:35 AM

Oh, I almost forgot. If you want to check out the TPC Scottsdale DLC, I posted a short video of the 16th hole:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL3CjpQsJo4

OnlookerDelay 07-14-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaygaming901 (Post 2047492798)
If anyone is interested, my 1st impressions http://youtu.be/a9F1mYZwyHk

It looked like you got the twitchy tempo requirements of the swing interface down pretty quickly. Then again, I noticed you were playing Arcade difficulty, where it's probably a lot more forgiving on that aspect. I never tried it in Arcade during the EA trial, so I really can't compare it. You indicated you'd be playing it in the Tour difficulty level later and I'll be interested in seeing how that compares in tempo management.

BTW, it's pronounced "pro - log", not "pro- loog"... but overall, you did a good job for such a quick production.