Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Evidence supports that 2k16 will showcase "fake" colleges in MyCareer Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=847502)

Jhawkfootball06 07-14-2015 02:36 PM

NBA 2K16 Likely To Showcase "fake" Colleges in MyCareer Mode - Evidence Supports

Earlier today achievements leaked for what appears to be NBA 2K16, thread here. With that was the inclusion of two achievements which point to a some sort of college implementation in MyCareer.

To feature real colleges, 2K Sports would need to buy the NCAA license. The NCAA Official Licensee (updated 4/27/15) does not include 2K Sports. The official document can be found here.

Hassan Darkside 07-14-2015 02:57 PM

Re: NBA 2K16 Likely To Showcase "fake" Colleges in MyCareer Mode - Evidence Supports

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they'd actually have to purchase the NCAA license. I think they could purchase licensing from individual schools to use their branding, they just wouldn't be able to use the NCAAs.

TheWalkingCash 07-14-2015 05:06 PM

Re: NBA 2K16 Likely To Showcase "fake" Colleges in MyCareer Mode - Evidence Supports

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder (Post 2047493752)
Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they'd actually have to purchase the NCAA license. I think they could purchase licensing from individual schools to use their branding, they just wouldn't be able to use the NCAAs.

EA was going to do something like that. They were going to renew the licenses with the conferences and schools but not the NCAA. I assume 2k could have done that.

bcruise 07-14-2015 05:10 PM

Re: Evidence supports that 2k16 will showcase "fake" colleges in MyCareer Mode

I'd imagine they'd just use city/state names for the colleges....those can't be copyrighted obviously.

MontanaMan 07-14-2015 05:56 PM

Doubt it.

Davidson, AZ State, and Kentucky are featured on each of the three covers already...

Frequency Vibrations 07-14-2015 06:05 PM

College Hoops 2K8 had generic players too, right? I believe they didn't have the rights, but they had the teams and all that. That's all I want. Especially if they give us the option to import custom NCAA rosters.

Wildcats302 07-14-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frequency Vibrations (Post 2047494291)
College Hoops 2K8 had generic players too, right? I believe they didn't have the rights, but they had the teams and all that. That's all I want. Especially if they give us the option to import custom NCAA rosters.

Just watching old 2k8 selection show videos on Youtube is so awesome. They really were great presentation wise for that time. I really miss those games, big UK fan here...love college hoops.

I am hoping we can get some real colleges in the game, although I'm not sure to what extent.

WishListGOD 1 OF 2 07-14-2015 07:52 PM

This is good because it's a step in the right direction. 2k has the pockets to make it work with real teams in the future hopefully fans will enjoy this and be patient.