Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   30 team question (/forums/showthread.php?t=847621)

bbking26 07-16-2015 12:56 AM

30 team question

i play with Cubs in my chise, if i set the contracts to auto will cpu handle resigning period for just the cpu teams or will it do cubs too? Same thing goes for free agency?

EmbraceThePace 07-16-2015 01:00 AM

Re: 30 team question

If I'm understanding the question correctly, the CPU should handle all contracts signings for every team you have it set to auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbking26 07-16-2015 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmbraceThePace (Post 2047497859)
If I'm understanding the question correctly, the CPU should handle all contracts signings for every team you have it set to auto.

Can i resign the Cubs players, then put it on auto? Dont wanna resign all 30 teams

EmbraceThePace 07-16-2015 01:08 AM

30 team question

Yes. You can turn the auto setting on and off for every team. Every team that has it set to auto will sign players. Every team that has it set to manual won't sign anyone unless you do it on your own.

bbking26 07-16-2015 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmbraceThePace (Post 2047497875)
Yes. You can turn the auto setting on and off for every team. Every team that has it set to auto will sign players. Every team that has it set to manual won't sign anyone unless you do it on your own.

Ok so I have to go to every team and set contracts and free agency to auto? Just making sure i'm understanding

EmbraceThePace 07-16-2015 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbking26 (Post 2047497883)
Ok so I have to go to every team and set contracts and free agency to auto? Just making sure i'm understanding

Yes. I think the easiest way to manage all of that stuff is to set up 2 different user profiles, one for the user and one for the CPU. The 29 teams you don't want to always control, give them the user profile you made for the CPU. That will have all tasks (scouting, free agency, lineups, etc) set to auto. Then assign the User profile to the team you want to control. Set that up so everything is manual. Then whenever you want to change something to manual for CPU teams, you just change that user profile so you don't have to go through and change everything for each individual team. Hope that made sense. Haha. That's what I do for my franchises.

bbking26 07-16-2015 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmbraceThePace (Post 2047497891)
Yes. I think the easiest way to manage all of that stuff is to set up 2 different user profiles, one for the user and one for the CPU. The 29 teams you don't want to always control, give them the user profile you made for the CPU. That will have all tasks (scouting, free agency, lineups, etc) set to auto. Then assign the User profile to the team you want to control. Set that up so everything is manual. Then whenever you want to change something to manual for CPU teams, you just change that user profile so you don't have to go through and change everything for each individual team. Hope that made sense. Haha. That's what I do for my franchises.

Can i make that 2nd profile in season?

HozAndMoose 07-16-2015 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbking26 (Post 2047497903)
Can i make that 2nd profile in season?

Yes you can. Go to Options > User Settings > Save Changes > Create. Then just click on current. Then you can rename it to something like CPU.

After that go to Set Team Associations and change all the teams you arent playing as to the profile you just made. So 1 team would be profile 1. The 29 other teams would be profile 2 (or whatever you named it).