Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   CFM Offseason House Rule Ideas (/forums/showthread.php?t=847822)

traintruth 07-19-2015 11:13 AM

CFM Offseason House Rule Ideas

Does anybody use any offseason house rules in order to not build an overpowered team in CFM? I was thinking of letting the cpu sign free agents and draft for me. But it would probably take a lot of the fun out of the offseason. Anybody got any better ideas?

NDAlum 07-19-2015 11:16 AM

Re: CFM Offseason House Rule Ideas

In our online CFM we are actually going to utilize a 3+1 rule with player re-signings.

You can only re-sign 3 players and the rest have to go to FA where you try to get them back if you want them. The +1 is the ability to franchise tag one guy.

The idea is that guys will get a fair "market price" if they hit FA as opposed to always being locked down for cheap.

With the lack of an intelligent CPU AI you might do a 2+1 so you have to at least fight against the CPU for a few guys each season...and might even lose some.

Still I don't know if the CPU AI would battle that hard.

splff3000 07-19-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDAlum (Post 2047504328)
In our online CFM we are actually going to utilize a 3+1 rule with player re-signings.

You can only re-sign 3 players and the rest have to go to FA where you try to get them back if you want them. The +1 is the ability to franchise tag one guy.

The idea is that guys will get a fair "market price" if they hit FA as opposed to always being locked down for cheap.

With the lack of an intelligent CPU AI you might do a 2+1 so you have to at least fight against the CPU for a few guys each season...and might even lose some.

We're doing the same in our online CFM as well. It looks like something like this will have to be done in the offseason until players on the game start asking for realistic contracts. It's too easy to build a power house if you never have to worry about losing anyone. We also make signing bonus mandatory 40% of the contract. That'll make it a little bit harder to just cut a player before his contract is up.

sir psycho 07-19-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Thanks for posting this. Great idea that should really help for my offline CFMs.

BleedGreen710 07-19-2015 04:55 PM

I never do a trade unless it makes sense for both teams.

KingV2k3 07-19-2015 05:45 PM

I use a loose house rule in offline franchise similar to ND's "3 + 1"...

I allow myself to make three moves TOTAL in the season / offseason that can be any combo of:

In season contract extension

Off Season resign players

Sign a player from the FA pool in offseason

Trades

If I need to sign a roster filler player for any reason (injury or to make it to 53) that player has to have an QVR lower than the lowest rated player in that position or position group...those guys don't count in "the three"...

I also refer to RedZone's "Player Value Chart" from years back, when need be:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...any-forum.html

Lastly: I try to keep my team about 25 million under the cap...

You can still develop and field a playoff caliber team, but if you pick one of the lower rated ones (as I always do), it takes a couple years to build 'em up and it's relatively tough to keep them competitive...

Bull_Dozer 07-19-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

I like this a lot. I'm a big fan of house rules, as I find fleecing poor AI to be an unsatisfying experience.

NDAlum 07-19-2015 09:15 PM

One thing that might help against the CPU is only offering contracts of what the player is asking for. Don't offer more money than they want.

In our online league you will be forced to compete with other teams to pay market value so the number they demand won't be what the game dictates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk