Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Seriously...what happened to Madden? (/forums/showthread.php?t=84788)

albsur2003 06-23-2004 03:26 PM

Seriously...what happened to Madden?

Less than a two months ago, I was really excited about Maddden. I was thinking that Madden would be great this year, and it probably will be but for some reason I have just lost interest in Madden. Madden and ESPN were sort of even (ESPN had a slim lead) a month ago in my opinion, but once ESPN dropped the 19.99 bomb, it seems like they have it locked up this year. Plus it seems like every week they have something innovative to talk about while all I really hear about from Madden either contains the word stick or Live. I mean of course Madden will still be popular with the mainstream public, but it won't take long before the competition gets noticed too (especially this year). I mean you could look at our own OS forums and tell where the support lies. How do yall think that Madden can get it's buzz back?

By the way, EA is selling a special commemorative copy of Madden that costs $59.99 and one of it's features is special customized packaging...............

Graphik 06-23-2004 03:28 PM

Re: Seriously...what happened to Madden?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
How do yall think that Madden can get it's buzz back?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

First of all, they can start by stop telling us the same thing year after year. That might help.

wwharton 06-23-2004 03:33 PM

if you respond to trolls the terrorists win

ronnyballgame 06-23-2004 03:33 PM

Do what they did with their other franchises and take a hit for a year or two, and re-invent themselves, and create new things that will catch consumers' attention like ESPN does. Madden barely changes, ESPN changes a lot each other, and to win back its fan they lost, they are going to do what they with MVP, and clean slate and pray for the best. As of right now, ESPN is about to take home the crown in our hearts and next year on the charts. I am not biased, I have brought every Madden ever, but the last two years, Madden sits and watches ESPN, and this year will be no different, and every year afterwards, until they re-invent themselves!

albsur2003 06-23-2004 03:47 PM

I think that a lot of people think that if you aren't excited about Madden that must mean that you are not a Madden fan, I have been buying Madden forever and I am just asking a question and stating an opinion, no need for the BS harton. Next time just answer the question, bia.

Bacardi151 06-23-2004 03:50 PM

albsur2003 said:
I think that a lot of people think that if you aren't excited about Madden that must mean that you are not a Madden fan, I have been buying Madden forever and I am just asking a question and stating an opinion, no need for the BS harton. Next time just answer the question, bia.

first and final warning. Watch the name calling, you arent cool for using the term "bia".

wwharton 06-23-2004 03:53 PM

albsur2003 said:

Just asking a question?

By the way, EA is selling a special commemorative copy of Madden that costs $59.99 and one of it's features is special customized packaging...............

that's a troll post if i've ever seen one. who cares if you like the game or not, i hate when people make posts that they know will start a fight. so maybe you shouldn't have included the BS if you wanted a real response.