Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   4th and 1 (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=591)
-   -   Madden 16 Draft of rules and feedback (/forums/showthread.php?t=848079)

SpectreBugg 07-22-2015 05:13 PM

Madden 16 Draft of rules and feedback

To all returning and new members of 4thn1. the following link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...aEHlUIB1c/edit

includes a list of currently expected rules for the madden 16 cycle. This is a draft of the rules the commissioner and co commissioners have come up with. We are sharing it to get your Genuine feedback for them. Feel free to ask any questions, or provide any concerns you may have here, and we will do our best to work them out.

However, please do not make posts such as "this rules is stupid" or "that rule makes no sense".

If you don't understand it, ask us to explain. If you don't like it, explain why you don't and why you think it won't work. If you have an alternative solution you would like us to consider, feel free to post that as well.

Thanks.

Edit: Deleted

Edit Edit: Depth chart Idea removed.

splff3000 07-22-2015 05:15 PM

Re: Madden 16 Draft of rules and feedback

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectreBugg (Post 2047512513)
To all returning and new members of 4thn1. the following link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...aEHlUIB1c/edit

includes a list of currently expected rules for the madden 16 cycle. This is a draft of the rules the commissioner and co commissioners have come up with. We are sharing it to get your Genuine feedback for them. Feel free to ask any questions, or provide any concerns you may have here, and we will do our best to work them out.

However, please do not make posts such as "this rules is stupid" or "that rule makes no sense".

If you don't understand it, ask us to explain. If you don't like it, explain why you don't and why you think it won't work.

Thanks.

Alternative solutions, if you have one, are also appreciated as well.

EDIT: The rookie awr rule has been changed. Users now have til week 8 to get their starting rookies to at least 60awr.

SpectreBugg 07-23-2015 03:28 PM

Here is an example of the depth chart system I am talking about:

Edit: Depth chart idea removed. Thanks for the feed back!

Frythatchicken 07-26-2015 08:26 AM

Rules look great! I love the screen rule... I got burned so many times in the past with that exploit. Looking forward to the league.

dolfinley 07-26-2015 10:51 PM

While the depth chart idea is good in theory, it seems like overkill in my opinion. It seems very tedious and honestly time consuming for people that just like to play their games, scout, etc. While I think that you guys are trying to do something good, I think it's going to seem like a burden to most people.

SpectreBugg 07-27-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolfinley (Post 2047521983)
While the depth chart idea is good in theory, it seems like overkill in my opinion. It seems very tedious and honestly time consuming for people that just like to play their games, scout, etc. While I think that you guys are trying to do something good, I think it's going to seem like a burden to most people.

You may have a point. The purpose of it really isn't to be "too picky", but to prevent owners from:

1. Making constant adjustments to their depth chart, Which is unrealistic and difficult for us to track.

2. Prevent owners from using "easy" weeks to start rookies and younger players simply because they know they are going to win and want to get them the xp. (EX: week 5 i play cpu, so i throw in a couple young guys who would never start against a normal opponent, since I know I can win with them this particular game).

It's really more or less finding a balance between trusting owners and being too nitpicky about the rules. This idea came to mind because there were several occasions where that exact example took place.

You are right though.. it is tedious(Although it really only needs to be done once a season, unless you are making constant adjustments. I will talk to the other guy's and see what they think. Perhaps there is a better solution to the problem. Thanks for the info Finley.

dolfinley 07-27-2015 09:16 PM

I think this is a thing where you need to trust your owners. While this might not be a bother year 1, this is something where after a couple of seasons, it's going to be a reason for people to hang it up to the next cycle. In my opinion having to do less of these tedious tasks is better for the league. I think this is one of the things where you might need to implement a rule. We already have the awareness thing so that should limit snap counts. I'm not sure what else should be done, but in my opinion, this isn't the best answer. I would oblige, but it would drive me crazy to do it after an injury if it became that tedious.

Dayweezy 07-30-2015 06:56 PM

Read and understood.