Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Manager (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   Football Manager 2016 News & Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=848134)

ImTellinTim 07-23-2015 11:34 AM

Football Manager 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Well, Miles dropped a nugget today, so we can officially start this up.

New rivalries between clubs will now develop over time.

RoyceDa59 07-23-2015 11:48 AM

Re: Football Manager 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Nice, haven't played Football Manger since the 2012 installment, might look to jump into this one if I can find the time during this busy Fall of gaming.

OSUFan_88 07-26-2015 05:18 PM

About time for the Dynamic rivalries.

bloobloouk 07-27-2015 09:23 AM

Lack of dynamic rivalries has bugged me for years. Seems ridiculous that you can transform a league 2 team into a european powerhouse and yet the list of your "fierce rivals" remain the same!

studbucket 07-27-2015 06:33 PM

I hope they are able to work out something with MLS in the licensing deal to make the league's cap/structure a bit more dynamic. It's what had me stop my FM13 Sounders save.

AnthonyKyne 07-28-2015 09:08 AM

My problem up until now with the game is that the opponent just doesn't come into the equation when you're preparing for the fixture.

Imagine if on a Monday you know you have 6 days to prepare for the away game against Chelsea.
The scout report tells you that Chelsea's weakness we're lack of aerial ability at left back and pace between the Centre Backs.
Their strengths were Strong in the air when attacking and consistently score from high balls in from the right hand wing.

With that I'd set up my team accordingly. Tweaking my tactic to exploit the weaknesses and cover their strengths. Bringing in a fringe player to help with that, etc

That's what the game lacks!

Imagine then after a weeks preparation, Chelsea then counter your thoughts and add pace to the back 4 or one of your main threats injurers himself on the Friday?

ImTellinTim 07-28-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne (Post 2047525627)
My problem up until now with the game is that the opponent just doesn't come into the equation when you're preparing for the fixture.

Imagine if on a Monday you know you have 6 days to prepare for the away game against Chelsea.
The scout report tells you that Chelsea's weakness we're lack of aerial ability at left back and pace between the Centre Backs.
Their strengths were Strong in the air when attacking and consistently score from high balls in from the right hand wing.

With that I'd set up my team accordingly. Tweaking my tactic to exploit the weaknesses and cover their strengths. Bringing in a fringe player to help with that, etc

That's what the game lacks!

Imagine then after a weeks preparation, Chelsea then counter your thoughts and add pace to the back 4 or one of your main threats injurers himself on the Friday?

I agree that it would be nice to have a more in-depth scouting report for matches like this. You can find all of this info out yourself, but it involves a lot of clicking.

Hunkerdown 07-28-2015 11:03 AM

Unless 2016 is a huge difference, I am happy with 2015, and will stick with my purchase. waiting a few years between purchases really lets you see the improvements. Now if I could just get my self to do this with sports console games, haha.