Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   OS Neighborhood (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Things that took you way too long to realize.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=848412)

The 24th Letter 07-27-2015 10:48 AM

Things that took you way too long to realize....

Just thought this would be an interesting topic...

What are some things that took you way too long to realize?

-It never really occurred to me that the Under Armour logo was a 'U' and an 'A'...just always looked at it as a symbol

-I never watched it, but I am just now realizing the show is called Downton Abbey, not 'Downtown' Abbey

most embarrassing: I was under the impression that "several" actually meant 3 of something.

Majingir 07-27-2015 11:13 AM

Re: Thing's that you took you way too long to realize....

^lol, I actually thought it was "downtown" also. Never watched the show or have an idea what it's about either way.

And for several,when I was really young I thought it meant exactly seven. Like how a dozen is 12. So I thought several was like that,but for 7. So I guess that doesn't count as "took way too long to realize" since it wasn't really that long.

I never knew Edge(former WWE superstar) theme song started off with "you think you know me". I misheard it for almost a decade of watching him on TV lol.

Like I mentioned in the MLB thread,I never knew the Mariners logo was a compass thing until YESTERDAY! Thought it was like a mine type thing similar to the mines in minesweeper.

Wasn't until a few years ago,I realized the Minnesota Wild(NHL) logo was a bearhead with a scenery within it. Just thought it was some random shape with a sun and trees in it.

redsox4evur 07-27-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majingir (Post 2047522713)
^lol, I actually thought it was "downtown" also. Never watched the show or have an idea what it's about either way.

And for several,when I was really young I thought it meant exactly seven. Like how a dozen is 12. So I thought several was like that,but for 7. So I guess that doesn't count as "took way too long to realize" since it wasn't really that long.

I never knew Edge(former WWE superstar) theme song started off with "you think you know me". I misheard it for almost a decade of watching him on TV lol.

Like I mentioned in the MLB thread,I never knew the Mariners logo was a compass thing until YESTERDAY! Thought it was like a mine type thing similar to the mines in minesweeper.

Wasn't until a few years ago,I realized the Minnesota Wild(NHL) logo was a bearhead with a scenery within it. Just thought it was some random shape with a sun and trees in it.

WTF??? Then what does it say?

The Walgreens W is the same as the Nats symbol. Learned that like 2 months ago.

Gotmadskillzson 07-27-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsox4evur (Post 2047522881)
WTF??? Then what does it say?

The Walgreens W is the same as the Nats symbol. Learned that like 2 months ago.

It does say you think you know me. He thought it said something else.

Majingir 07-27-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2047522906)
It does say you think you know me. He thought it said something else.

I think that's the point. Asking me what else does it say,cause "you think you know me" to them, sounds so obvious in the opening of the theme,that there's no way anyone could possibly mishear it.

For some weird reason,I always heard it as something random like "Guess who ______ me" (the ___ doesn't even represent any actual word,for some weird reason my mind just only heard those 3 words in the entire thing)

Though the misheard lyrics video on youtube is funny. "Too many limes", "I eatin shelton" and so many others lol

ESPNdeportes 07-27-2015 05:59 PM

a few years back it took me a long to realize people saying "rents" meant parents, lol

Cyros 07-27-2015 06:43 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JS6CXgloFUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sydrogerdavid 07-27-2015 06:50 PM

In the song, Down on the Corner, I never knew he was saying

"Willie and the Poor Boys are playing
Bring a nickel, tap your feet."

It just sounded like gibberish to me until I looked up the lyrics.