Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   getting cpu tp throw deep (/forums/showthread.php?t=848792)

treq21 07-31-2015 09:32 PM

getting cpu tp throw deep

How the heck do you get the CPU to throw deep in this game? All they ever do is dink and dunk...even on 3rd and long.

My last game against the bengals, Andy Dalton had 45 yards passing at the half ...and these are 15minute qtrs.

Its getting to the point where i am going to give up on this thing. I hope M16 is better in this regard but I am not going to get my hopes up.

mooch49 08-01-2015 02:28 AM

Re: getting cpu tp throw deep

You need to give the computer a custom playbook. The only way to do that is to have 2 controllers, 2 PSN accounts, then once in CFM create a coach for your team and a player for each team you play. Try to create a player that is low in the depth chart. I usually create a DE or DT. Once you have all this done, assign one controller to your team, the other to the computer. When the game starts, it'll be like you playing with one controller. The computer will control itself using the playbook you assigned them. Make sure you assign the playbooks in the settings of main menu for both profiles. Then they'll stick when you get to the controller screen in your CFM. It's very convoluted at first. But you get used to it after a couple of times. Hopefully we won't have to do this for 16. But it's nice to know there is a workaround should the AI play calling be dink and dunk.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

D81SKINS 08-02-2015 01:45 PM

Re: getting cpu tp throw deep

I've had good results setting the qb traits to trigger happy and aggressive. Also set throw
Ball away to yes and they'll take less sacks w/ this combo.