Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   OK...What gives with my baserunners rounding 3rd when I'M NOT TELLING THEM TO?!? (/forums/showthread.php?t=849288)

Galvatron 08-07-2015 05:16 AM

OK...What gives with my baserunners rounding 3rd when I'M NOT TELLING THEM TO?!?

Am I doing something wrong??? EVERY time I have a baserunner on second base with less than 2 outs and the next batter puts the ball deep enough to an outfielder for the first or second out....particularly to right or right center field....to advance my runner to 3rd, my baserunner will ALWAYS CONTINUE TO ROUND 3RD AND GET PROMPTLY TAGGED OUT TRYING TO SCORE!!! This was happening to me with last years PS4 GAME AND IS STILL HAPPENING THIS YEAR. Inputting the slide command into 3rd doesn't even work...my baserunner from 2nd will just stubbornly keep running and round 3rd base into certain doom!!

I have always used classic baserunning thru all my years on the PS2 and PS3 with no problems at all and I have no clue why this is happening on PS4. Does anyone here have an answer to whats happening or what I'm doing wrong? I don't remember hearing about the devs changing the controls for this...triangle, then left on the d-pad to send the runner from 2nd to 3rd. So why do they continue to run for home?!?

BxBrotha730 08-07-2015 10:48 AM

Re: OK...What gives with my baserunners rounding 3rd when I'M NOT TELLING THEM TO?!?

I use the Analog stick to select base runner n then select the button corresponding to its base. In ur case Square button which is third. Base runner will never advance.

But try to just tap the advance button rather then holding it down slightly. See if that helps

L.S.A Co-Commish (MLB, NFL, NBA) Leagues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Galvatron 08-07-2015 02:12 PM

Re: OK...What gives with my baserunners rounding 3rd when I'M NOT TELLING THEM TO?!?

But thats using the Default setting to run the bases. I'm using classic and really have no desire to play with default. I've been comfortable with classic baserunning for YEARS now. Mind you, I have NO OTHER ISSUES playing with classic, except for this particular scenario involving runners on second and advancing them to third on a flyout to right or right center.

I should also mention that I play with sliding on assist.

redsox4evur 08-07-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galvatron (Post 2047553553)
But thats using the Default setting to run the bases. I'm using classic and really have no desire to play with default. I've been comfortable with classic baserunning for YEARS now. Mind you, I have NO OTHER ISSUES playing with classic, except for this particular scenario involving runners on second and advancing them to third on a flyout to right or right center.

I should also mention that I play with sliding on assist.

Then press the triangle and then the directional towards third. That's what I do never had this issue.