Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed (/forums/showthread.php?t=849889)

iLLWiLL 08-13-2015 05:21 PM

No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed

EA Sports has confirmed on their official Facebook page that NBA Live 16 will not feature NBA player or roster editing. That means, no accessory changes, no player rating adjustments, no changing jersey numbers, etc...

Maybe it gets patched in later? Maybe not, but this is not a good sign.

The 24th Letter 08-13-2015 05:33 PM

Re: Player Editting in Live 16?

Legitimately shocked at this....wow...that's a downer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iLLWiLL 08-13-2015 05:38 PM

I hope their response was with only player editing in mind, and they overlooked the roster editing part -- but I would not count on it. Consider it a 'no' for both.

ZoneSix 08-13-2015 05:46 PM

dammit man...

Ermolli 08-13-2015 05:54 PM

I'm in disbelief, I can't believe it got neglected once again. Player editing has been for years and I'm not sure why it was removed since their next-gen launch, people have been asking for it a lot in these last years and they still avoid including them? As good as today's trailer and Pro-Am news were my interest in this game has taken a hit, I might get the game anyway but it isn't a good choice to give less options or tools for the gamer specially when you're trying to gain the respect that you've once lost from the community.

Rockie_Fresh88 08-13-2015 06:04 PM

Yeah that's really sad news I know way more people personally who play online modes than edit but it should've been in the game by now going on three years. I never touched the editing options but it's nice to DL some custom rosters for a dynasty mode

iLLWiLL 08-13-2015 06:16 PM

Some NBA players change their kicks on a game by game basis -- we should have been given the ability to do this, too. And I've been wanting to edit rosters in Live15 to reflect free agency/trade player movement this offseason, but nope.

I mean, I guess, if they determined that in the grand scheme of things (refining gameplay #1, followed by graphics/animations, ProAm and other modes, etc.) that they just didn't have the resources & time to get editing in, and that the lack of it wouldn't kill the experience, I guess I can understand that?

But it's been 3 years -- a team should have been assembled to make sure this got into the game this year. I don't know what to say. This kinda negates the great things revealed this morning. Still hoping there's other big news, like classic teams coming, that would certainly blow my socks off again. I'm still going to get the game because I know there will be gameplay improvements, obvious improvements in graphics/animations, and the new modes ... but damn.:jpshakehe

seanhazz1 08-13-2015 06:27 PM

While the scaled back editing is a little disappointing, I don't think the lack of full editing is a game breaker as long as they can deliver an authentic virtual NBA experience and continuously update via a working Synergy. Network stability and improved gameplay are much higher on my personal list of "musts" after seeing recent graphical and game mode improvements.