Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   rookies (/forums/showthread.php?t=854123)

person29 09-06-2015 10:21 PM

rookies

I know in past editions rookies aren't in the game until the roster update after they play an NHL game, but on some streams of 16 it appears that mcdavid and eichel are in...so are they going to be in at launch?

Thanks!

AdamJones113 09-06-2015 10:24 PM

Re: rookies

I believe they were created/placed on rosters by the streamer.

person29 09-06-2015 10:26 PM

I thought so at first too, but mcdavid has the picture in the one stream i saw (yewy i think)

AdamJones113 09-06-2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by person29 (Post 2047639544)
I thought so at first too, but mcdavid has the picture in the one stream i saw (yewy i think)

McDavid has no doubt been scanned; you have to remember that most of these guys played in the CHL last year, so are in the game already. They won't be placed officially on an NHL team until the first roster update after their first NHL shift.

bad_philanthropy 09-06-2015 10:33 PM

McDavid was moved from the Erie Otters (who are licensed in the game via the agreement with the OHL). Eichel was created before starting the GM Mode.

As per the licensing agreement and the CBA players cannot be depicted on their NHL team until they have appeared in one regular season game.

Officially McDavid is in the game on a different licensing deal, and EA has not and will not officially place him on Edmonton until he has satisfied the NHL licensing requirements. If the user chooses to move him from the NHL to the Oilers, it is their own unofficial depiction of that scenario.

person29 09-06-2015 10:36 PM

Ah thanks for the quick and informative responses

T5063 09-08-2015 09:58 AM

There were pics of Eichel getting scanned at the rookie symposium (or whatever it was) a week or two ago. So there is a good chance he will be in the game in a roster update.

I hope they put his picture in too.

BTW8892 09-08-2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T5063 (Post 2047642987)
There were pics of Eichel getting scanned at the rookie symposium (or whatever it was) a week or two ago. So there is a good chance he will be in the game in a roster update.

I hope they put his picture in too.

There's no doubt he will be in the game, but unfortunately it will probably just be a fictional representation of him (no face scan/headshot picture). One of the developers revealed on a Q&A stream that all of the new players that had their faces scanned at the Rookie Showcase will be for next year's game.