Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Deleting the tuner? (/forums/showthread.php?t=854475)

tyler28 09-10-2015 07:53 AM

Deleting the tuner?

Have any off you slider gurus tried this? I have been reading in other forums that this may solve the int issues and the game plays a lot better after this patch with it deleted. I couldnt find anything about it in here so i decided to post a thread for it. I found last year that after i deleted the tuner and plugged in my sliders i finally got good results.

Since the tuner the cpu intercepts 90 percent of everything it touches even w int turned down and i also can complete a deep ball anymore. I thought it played fine on all madden before tuner. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks guys!

Armor and Sword 09-10-2015 07:55 AM

Re: Deleting the tuner?

I am only going to post this one more time as I don't want to be redundant.

After DL the patch I proceeded to play a CFM game. Bears at Packers (me).

In the first quarter and a half Jay Cutler would just take off as soon as he dropped back and have a turbo charged burst.

It was ridiculous, and flat out buggy and wrong. The game never ever had this kind of QB play pre-patch post tuner or even pre tuner. It was obvious something was wrong.

I went ahead and deleted the tuner and fired up the same exact game.

Night and day. I had over 40 viewers watching this stream late last night and we played the entire game and Cutler scrambled just one time and it made sense and there was no super charged turbo take off.....he had Peppers in his face on a goaline slant play and he took off appropriately.

Trust me when I tell you....something is not jiving when you DL the new patch in combination with the tuner.

So if you want to play H2H online or draft champions or MUT.....yes you need the tuner. It only takes seconds to DL. But when you want to play the CPU in your CFM...simply delete it.

Until a new patch arrives or a second tuner or whatever...EA needs to look into this ASAP. QB AI/pocket awareness and game speed when they scramble or get happy feet is bugged in combination with the tuner and the latest patch. The game is simply off and a hot mess with the tuner and patch combination. It is simply a different game IMO.

Now a fellow OS'er (Hoos) informed me he re-downloaded the tuner after DL the patch, and the game feels great after three games.

I am going to test this as well and report back. But for now I highly suggest you delete the tuner (which only addresed the dice roll result of one on one aggressive catch results) and it was truly intended for H2H play and the spamming of the aggressive catch going deep. I never found anything OP with aggressive catch playing the CPU and not user catching.....or even user catching. It is fine vs the CPU without the tuner.

Bottom line is.....delete it and find out for yourself if you have been seeing this ridiculous QB play like I did. It was so obvious something was off. And it is crystal clear how it is fine without the tuner.

The patch is fine. It fixed some of the CFM bugs, commentary lines about the QB coming back from injury etc. The tuner is the culprit in how the game is off post patch. It has nothing to do with confidence or anything of the sort.

D Rey 09-10-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor and Sword (Post 2047649319)

In the first quarter and a half Jay Cutler would just take off as soon as he dropped back and have a turbo charged burst.

It was ridiculous, and flat out buggy and wrong. The game never ever had this kind of QB play pre-patch post tuner or even pre tuner. It was obvious something was wrong.

Night and day. I had over 40 viewers watching this stream late last night and we played the entire game and Cutler scrambled just one time and it made sense and there was no super charged turbo take off.....he had Peppers in his face on a goaline slant play and he took off appropriately.

Trust me when I tell you....something is not jiving when you DL the new patch in combination with the tuner.

So if you want to play H2H online or draft champions or MUT.....yes you need the tuner. It only takes seconds to DL. But when you want to play the CPU in your CFM...simply delete it.

Until a new patch arrives or a second tuner or whatever...EA needs to look into this ASAP. QB AI/pocket awareness and game speed when they scramble or get happy feet is bugged in combination with the tuner and the latest patch. The game is simply off and a hot mess with the tuner and patch combination. It is simply a different game IMO.

Now a fellow OS'er (Hoos) informed me he re-downloaded the tuner after DL the patch, and the game feels great after three games.

I am going to test this as well and report back. But for now I highly suggest you delete the tuner (which only addresed the dice roll result of one on one aggressive catch results) and it was truly intended for H2H play and the spamming of the aggressive catch going deep. I never found anything OP with aggressive catch playing the CPU and not user catching.....or even user catching. It is fine vs the CPU without the tuner.

Bottom line is.....delete it and find out for yourself if you have been seeing this ridiculous QB play like I did. It was so obvious something was off. And it is crystal clear how it is fine without the tuner.

The patch is fine. It fixed some of the CFM bugs, commentary lines about the QB coming back from injury etc. The tuner is the culprit in how the game is off post patch. It has nothing to do with confidence or anything of the sort.

How do you delete the tuner? Thanks

tyler28 09-10-2015 03:23 PM

Just go into manage files and delete it like u would an old cfm file or something u dont want.

Thanks so much armor i didnt know u had posted anything about it. Also im sorry its such a sensitive subject for you. I guess i should just keep to myself if i have a question and not post my own thread about something that is obviously making an impact. I thought this would be the best way to see whats going on outside my house and i wanted to respect everyone and not tie up slider theads talking about a diffent issue. Looks like i hit a nerve tho. Lol. I apologize! u answered fairly. I will delete the tuner and continue to adjust on my own.

JCLII 09-14-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler28 (Post 2047650691)
Just go into manage files and delete it like u would an old cfm file or something u dont want.

I need to delete the tuner and then re-download it to try and make my single player CFM work correctly without the weekly confidence boosters. Will the game ask me to re-download it or do I have to get that from somewhere?? Thanks in advance.

JCLII 09-14-2015 05:07 PM

Or should i just delete the tuner completely? IF so, do I have to delete every time I fire up the game? This is, of course, if it is an automatic DL.

PBlue 09-14-2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor and Sword (Post 2047649319)

And oddly enough he did some running in the real game yesterday. Hmmm.

tyler28 09-14-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCLII (Post 2047664797)
Or should i just delete the tuner completely? IF so, do I have to delete every time I fire up the game? This is, of course, if it is an automatic DL.

Once you delete it you dont have to keep deleting it. However, each time you turn on the game you will get a prompt to either download it again or refuse it. i just refuse it and move on. It does not automatically download after you delete it the first time, which is nice.