Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   How's Your GM Mode Going? (/forums/showthread.php?t=854940)

YakCityGaming 09-13-2015 11:19 AM

How's Your GM Mode Going?

Hey guys! Last year I made this thread and it was one of the most active all year, so here we go! Let's go for it again! Let's share how we bring cup contenders to Lord Stanley, or how we progressively turn around floundering franchises!

Also let's keep this positive!

So now it begins...

Introducing the 2015-2016 Calgary Flames GM Mode on Yak-City Gaming! The young cardiac kids look to roll into the playoffs for the second straight year! Can GM Yak-City keep the chemistry and bring the Flames to the promised land? If you enjoy, please feel free to subscribe and leave a like! Thanks guys!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v1LEwPWfXwY?list=PLd3mvmGHZSPNuy5yc5PaSaOpvL9zw6ja g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Madwolf 09-13-2015 08:10 PM

Re: How's Your GM Mode Going?

Can't wait to get the game Tuesday. Playing with Vancouver as always. Ready to rebuild the Franchise.

CopeSnuff 09-13-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madwolf (Post 2047661459)
Can't wait to get the game Tuesday. Playing with Vancouver as always. Ready to rebuild the Franchise.

That is who I started out with. Virtanen comes along very nicely. 4th year and hes at 88

McCann is at 85
Cassels is at 84
Gaunce - 85
Horvat - 84 :(

if you can draft Chychron, he is a beast. Want to know more players ask!

NHRHighlanders 09-14-2015 10:44 AM

Be a GM Guy here..

I've been playing since Thursday and Heres a few things I noticed.

The simming is super fast. I love it. You can actually get through a season without waiting hours.

The player morale comes up alot, and makes you stop and actually work on it. Most of it is repetitive questions from the players or concerns, but you have to answer correctly - which i still find its a hit or miss.

Relating to player morale, you can't just blow up a team. For instance, when I started a Be a GM with Toronto, and decided to get rid of lupul/bozak/phaneuf, JVR went down to 81, Kadri went to a 82, Reilly to 83, Gardiner to 79 (JVR and Gardiner requested trades). Which is neat because you have to time when you trade players, and bring in certain players that they mesh with.

Having the AHL is nice, as you can make your top prospects have high ice time and their morale goes up and then they improve as a player drastically. I don't think they have AHL stats but i could be missing it.

Drafting is the Same as 15. (next gen)

Signing good players improves the morale of the team

Trading is harder.

Can't seem to think of anything more right now but ill add if i do.

PittPens1787 09-14-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHRHighlanders (Post 2047662974)
I don't think they have AHL stats but i could be missing it.

Can you really not see AHL stats? I'd to not be able to keep tabs on who's playing well down there. You can play the AHL games, right? I can't imagine they wouldn't keep track of the stats then....

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHRHighlanders (Post 2047662974)
Can't seem to think of anything more right now but ill add if i do.

Quick question from me then: Can you do Be A GM with a created team?

T5063 09-14-2015 02:42 PM

Planning to start one with the Sabres once Eichel is put in the game with a roster update. If he's not in then I'll pick a random team, leave GM firing on and go from there.

NYJin2011tm 09-14-2015 03:01 PM

Preseason games? If so how many? Can you start predraft like ps3/360?

NHRHighlanders 09-14-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PittPens1787 (Post 2047664002)
Can you really not see AHL stats? I'd to not be able to keep tabs on who's playing well down there. You can play the AHL games, right? I can't imagine they wouldn't keep track of the stats then....

Quick question from me then: Can you do Be A GM with a created team?

I'll respond later on if you can (Re- Created team)