Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   NCAA Forces EA Sports To Remove 13 Women From FIFA 16 Because, Uh, Rules? (/forums/showthread.php?t=855691)

Steve_OS 09-17-2015 03:49 PM

NCAA Forces EA Sports To Remove 13 Women From FIFA 16 Because, Uh, Rules?

No, no, no. Not her. The NCAA didn't force EA Sports to remove Alex Morgan, pictured above in FIFA 16.

They did however force EA Sports to remove 13 other women from the game, which features 12 Women's National Teams for the first time in franchise history.

The NCAA informed EA Sports that 13 female student-athletes would risk their eligibility for collegiate athletics by being included in FIFA 16.

Quote from EA...

Quote:

We do not agree with this position. All rights were secured following standard protocol with national governing bodies and federations, and none of these NCAA student-athletes or potential student athletes were to be individually compensated by EA SPORTS for their inclusion in the game.

We believe this decision denies these 13 athletes the opportunity to represent their countries in the game, but we have removed them from FIFA 16 to ensure there is no risk to their eligibility.

The following players were removed from FIFA 16 because of the NCAA decision:
  • Kadeisha Buchanan, Canada
  • Jessie Fleming, Canada
  • Ashley Lawrence, Canada
  • Janine Beckie, Canada
  • Rebecca Quinn, Canada
  • Sura Yekka, Canada
  • Celia Jiménez, Spain
  • Tanya Samarzich, Mexico
  • Greta Espinoza, Mexico
  • Christina Murillo, Mexico
  • Amanda Perez, Mexico
  • Emily Alvarado, Mexico
  • Maria Sanchez, Mexico
Source - EA, Polygon

Zac 09-17-2015 04:01 PM

Re: NCAA Forces EA Sports To Remove 13 Women From FIFA 16 Because, Uh, Rules?

**** the NCAA. I hate them so much.

XxSpiritHunterX 09-17-2015 04:01 PM

Wow. NCAA does it again. If I'm correct, which I might not be, but isn't a national license separate from a collegiate license, therefore they shouldn't be able to remove their eligibility?

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

Zac 09-17-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxSpiritHunterX (Post 2047674960)
Wow. NCAA does it again. If I'm correct, which I might not be, but isn't a national license separate from a collegiate license, therefore they shouldn't be able to remove their eligibility?

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

Correct, it shouldn't affect them in anyway. The players will not be in their college uniforms, nor is it a college game. So their rules should not apply to this. But I can see why EA would just give in as to not cause any harm to the women and their ability to attend those schools. But man. **** the NCAA so much.

JHedges2 09-17-2015 04:10 PM

My goodness this seems SO trivial.

The exclusion of the players matters not to me, as it's not something that I would spend any time with--but the point of the matter is just mind blowing.

Think, there are people sitting around a table discussing this being an 'issue'. Likely making HUGE money.

Can't have these women in the game, but you can go in stores and find college jerseys of prominent players everywhere. How is that any different to putting in 'generic' players into NCAA video games?

Just absurd.

Side note: I am interested to see where this discussion goes...

PPerfect_CJ 09-17-2015 04:19 PM

That is garbage. The NCAA just isn't right.

speedtrucker 09-17-2015 04:21 PM

lets be honest, the NCAA didn't get paid so the girls can't go in.

that's all this is about, if the NCAA don't get its cut then they ain't playin ball.

rudeworld 09-17-2015 04:29 PM

EA should (but they won't) ask them to go pro, and pay for the girls college tuitions. It would be a BIG WIN for EA, PR WISE. It will not happen though, only because EA does NOT want to hurt their relationship with the NCAA.