Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   The Gauntlet (/forums/showthread.php?t=857045)

ClevelandFan 09-25-2015 11:39 PM

The Gauntlet

Can someone explain this mode to me?

Also, what are the rewards for playing?

tt500 09-26-2015 12:01 AM

Re: The Gauntlet

pretty much you choose a board and play until you pick all the cards off the board like the mynba2k app.

I beat the bronze board with 6-1 record. You get rewards like 25mt, shoes, badges, and contracts. the last card was a bronze player.

tt500 09-26-2015 12:05 AM

so before you choose a board, you selection 10 of your players in myteam that you own. Each round you pick one of yours and you get two random cards.

pretty much a 3on3 blacktop mode. I played a few matches where i had all bronze and all silver against all gold to guys getting amtheyst cards in their lineup. But they played pretty trash.

One guy had rudy gay and marc gasol and my mvp that game was landry fields hah. expect to face alot of cheesers so itll be easy to win against them.

LakersForLife 09-28-2015 01:17 AM

Hey how are you guys liking this mode? I find myself playing it a lot! Currently unlocked silver board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wodkalol 09-28-2015 02:56 AM

mixed Feelings

for some reason i always seem to get terribe Players while i go up vs pippen,pg,Curry etc

PandaPower2k 09-28-2015 05:55 AM

A tip for the gauntlet:

You are given totally random two players (I believe). So, if you go with a Center, there is a chance that the system will give you two more big guys, who can't dribble or shoot... which sucks. I know from experience. Yesterday, I picked a Center for myself, and was given Steve Mix and Scott Wedman by the system. Wedman was my playmaker... I lost, because none of my guys could dribble the ball well. They were ultra slow. And couldn't not make outside shots reliably.

So my advice is. Go to gauntlet with a guard/forward only roster. Pick fast guys who can dribble/shoot in case you'll be given 2 bigs to play with.

MrBallaBoy21 09-28-2015 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt500 (Post 2047705539)
so before you choose a board, you selection 10 of your players in myteam that you own. Each round you pick one of yours and you get two random cards.

pretty much a 3on3 blacktop mode. I played a few matches where i had all bronze and all silver against all gold to guys getting amtheyst cards in their lineup. But they played pretty trash.

One guy had rudy gay and marc gasol and my mvp that game was landry fields hah. expect to face alot of cheesers so itll be easy to win against them.

That's really messed up. I had to play against an amethyst Elgin Baylor with Taj Gibson and Pero Antic....I still won by double digits but man I hate playing with that much of a disadvantage in a bronze bracket.:signball:

wodkalol 09-28-2015 08:11 AM

i went against pippen,klay Thompson with a all bronze lineup sooo much fun