Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)
-   -   NBA 2K16: Ratings/Tendencies Discoveries Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=857309)

DC 09-27-2015 08:26 AM

NBA 2K16: Ratings/Tendencies Discoveries Thread

This is for any new discoveries that you feel can help ALL roster makers can benefit from.

Of course on a down note, we no longer have MOVING shot rating tendencies. Why they would do that, NO IDEA, but that isn't good.

First thing, players can now dunk with a minimum of 35 in the category of Driving Dunk. It is no longer 45 like previous years.

So for players like Nate Robinson and Pierre Jackson that would only dunk on the break, give them a 35 dunk rating.

Feel free to add anything to the thread fellas to save each other time.

dwayne12345 09-27-2015 10:02 AM

Re: NBA 2K16: Ratings/Tendencies Discoveries Thread

If you want Tim Duncan and Kobe to not bolt after year 1 of MyGM/MyLeague to another team you have to edit their ambitions.

Tim Duncan is currently at 50 for financial security. This should be set to 0. As should play for winner. Loyalty to 100. Same for Kobe. You can possibly do the same for Wade.

On another note Cavs let Lebron go after season 1 of my first MyLeague. Might be worth it to change that player option to a guaranteed year for Association modes purposes so that Cleveland tries harder to keep him with bird rights.

As far as tendencies: Step back (jump shot and dribble move) can substitute guys who like to create mid range jumpers off the bounce.

Also try the "attack strong on drive" option. If there "drive" tend. is high and their pass to open man/attack strong tendencies are low I would assume that would lead to a lot more mid range shots off the bounce.

nogster 09-27-2015 10:09 PM

All I have found that needs changing to make sure the stars are being utilized and getting their numbers is to adjust the touches tendencies for a few players each team.
This game plays the best out of the box that any NBA 2k game ever has. I don't have time to do full roster adjustments anymore so I am very relived this is the case. I can handle the ratings, they are a hellava lot better than previously. Although there are always changes that can be made. Its more subjective than ever before.

But this is what is required just to further emphasize the CPU controlled teams and the stars.
Make sure that any team with a star big has the most touches by at least 10.
raise any secondary star bigs touches to make sure they are not being left out.
Ie: Raise Loves touches to 87. Lower Kyrie to 90. Lower Lebron to 95.
Lower the touches of a few scoring smalls or swingmen if there is a star or secondary star big on the team.
ie: Raise Drummonds Touches to 85. [But also change his primary play to pick n roll man.
Lower Jennings touches to 75.
Lower Jacksons touches to 77. [These guys will still get theirs as they are scoring PGs and will have the ball a lot.

Same with players like Jamal Crawford. His shooting tendencies dictate he will be aggressive offensively. He doesnt need high touches. He will get his simply for being an offensive minded guard.
Do this with all like minded players on all teams. and again, make sure that offensive minded bigs have the highest or close to the highest on their teams.

For a team like the Pelicans. You want A.D to have significantly the most touches. He should be in the 90s. [Which he is]But his guard/swingman team mates like Evans, holiday and Gordon should be AT LEAST 10 clicks lower. Raise Ryan Andersons to 85. But also change his playbook order to 3PT, Pick n roll man.

I have also raised the "run plays" coach slider to 99 for all teams. I dont think this is necessary like the past 2k games but it helps further emphasize the touches tendency. Don't worry, teams will still freelance a lot, but it just means in non broken or transition plays, a team will set up a play for its best players.

You do this and the teams will utilize the right players even more so. and the star bigs will be forces..

A perfect example is the 01 lakers. I havent even looked at Shaq and Kobes touch numbers but I will safely assume that Kobes touches are probably as high as Shaqs. This should not be the case as it will not translate to Shaq dominating the post. Shaq should be maxed. Kobe at least 10 clicks lower. Then make sure everyone else is at least 10 clicks lower than him.
Kobe will still hog and shoot the most, simply because of his high tendency to do so. But Shaq requires to get the ball inside before his tendencies even kick in. So make sure the CPU is forcing it to shaq every time they can.

This is a great game.

JZi10 09-27-2015 10:26 PM

Awesome information here for getting teams to play like themselves & realistic stats in MyLeague, thanks!

SonicMage 09-28-2015 01:29 AM

One big change I noticed is that Draw Foul is now an attribute instead of a tendency. This means it affects how much a player can be fouled when he is user-controlled, and not just for AI. Hopefully, this will help us finally have a game with a realistic amount of fouls. On CPU-CPU, I'm seeing more charging calls than I've ever seen in past games so far, but have yet to see a single reach-in call yet. I guess I'll have to max that slider and see what happens.

SonicMage 09-28-2015 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nogster (Post 2047712509)
I have also raised the "run plays" coach slider to 99 for all teams. I dont think this is necessary like the past 2k games but it helps further emphasize the touches tendency. Don't worry, teams will still freelance a lot, but it just means in non broken or transition plays, a team will set up a play for its best players.

You do this and the teams will utilize the right players even more so. and the star bigs will be forces..

A perfect example is the 01 lakers. I havent even looked at Shaq and Kobes touch numbers but I will safely assume that Kobes touches are probably as high as Shaqs. This should not be the case as it will not translate to Shaq dominating the post. Shaq should be maxed. Kobe at least 10 clicks lower. Then make sure everyone else is at least 10 clicks lower than him.
Kobe will still hog and shoot the most, simply because of his high tendency to do so. But Shaq requires to get the ball inside before his tendencies even kick in. So make sure the CPU is forcing it to shaq every time they can.

Are you saying that the Touches tendency is more about playcalling? Then I wonder why they classify it under the "Freelance" category.

I don't think you need to worry about Shaq getting touches this year. I just witnessed a 12 minute CPU-CPU matchup between the Warriors and the 05-06 Heat where Shaq went for 42 and 16 with the out of the box ratings. He dominated Bogut the entire game.

One big problem I'm seeing so far is the CPU doesn't miss a single layup. Curry went for 50 points, even with my ratings that tend to reduce player ratings overall, partly because he made all 12 layup attempts (except the one that Shaq swatted into the crowd which made me jump out of seat). I'm guessing this is an overreaction to the annual complaining about the missed layups every year despite the fact that NBA players only make about 50-60% of their layups.

nogster 09-28-2015 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicmage (Post 2047713073)
Are you saying that the Touches tendency is more about playcalling? Then I wonder why they classify it under the "Freelance" category.

Touches tendency directly affects the amount of plays a player gets called for him.

SonicMage 09-28-2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nogster (Post 2047713155)
Touches tendency directly affects the amount of plays a player gets called for him.

Have you been able to confirm this for 2K16? With the new ACE system that has been instituted this year, I would not rely on any previous games for what Touches, or Run Plays for that matter, actually control.