Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   Domination Mode tips (/forums/showthread.php?t=857855)

qwerty521 09-29-2015 04:16 PM

Domination Mode tips

So I've got my game right now and I have nothing in MyTeam other than Love and Ibaka whom I got from pre-order packs and since I dont wanna pay for VC I think grinding on domination mode is the best choice for now.
What are these years tips for this mode? Which players to use? Is it any different from last year? Can you still just play the post all game for 3 stars?
And btw why did they change some controls, thats kinda confusing...

JBGlass 09-29-2015 05:07 PM

Re: Domination Mode tips

Don't buy a expensive pack first, that was my mistake. Buy cheap packs that will build your card count so you can get the 10k MT, you only need 50 cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brett777 09-29-2015 05:43 PM

I haven't gotten less than 3 stars and I only have 10 teams left by fast breaking the whole game. Try to score off assist as well. The post fades aren't as consistent this year so it might be tough to do it that way. Have some good offensive rebounders too, second chance points get you 6 mt.

jrock920 09-29-2015 05:52 PM

pick up sim bhullar he is a beast

Hadlowe 09-29-2015 05:56 PM

I haven't had a problem getting three stars yet, but I'm only halfway through.

1) Fast wing players with decent finishing on the break.

2) Bigs who can hit free throws and grab offensive rebounds.

The power post game is better this year, but that doesn't lead to assists. Post fadeaways are not reliable without good badges/perfect releases.

You need to take 10 free throws and 5 threes in order to get the percentage bonuses on those included in your MT score.

crusaderhoops10 09-29-2015 05:57 PM

Defense is so key. If you have Ibaka, that's a great start. Obviously you need stops to start fastbreaks. I generally control my bigs and cut off drives to force jumpers and do my best to still be in position for defensive rebounds.

I like to outlet to my SG and I play two PGs (mainly because I've gotten so many from packs). Fastbreaks aren't always there though especially against Atlanta or OKC who don't crash the offensive glass. So they are tough to beat and you have to look to score in the halfcourt. I call almost exclusively pick-and-roll plays from my playbook in the halfcourt. If the CPU blows it up, be patient and manually call for another pick from the same guy.

If you have a good post player, that can be great. They give you credit for post up move scores when you do spin moves this year. It works good spinning baseline a lot.

The CPU generally looks to take away the paint the most it seems. So you can get open outside shooters if you are patient. I have not made hardly any contested jumpers and probably no contested 3s. So don't waste time with that.

Other than that, crash the boards, and make sure to get 10 FTAs per game and 5 3PAs to get the percentage bonuses. That is crucial. If you shoot 90% Fts, 60% FGs, 40% 3s and you are in really good shape.

Get 100 cards and that's a lot of MT to build a really good team.

I pulled Isaiah Thomas and Brandon Knight from preorder packs. I then got Gay, Lillard and Wall from team packs. Spent MT to round out my team with Westbrook, Beal, Ibaka, Gobert, Giannis, Draymond, Horford. It's a pretty all-around team with Westbrook being the only pricy one.

All I have left in Domination is East/West All-Stars and MT All-Stars. I've been able to beat the Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Grizzlies, Clippers, Rockets the first try using the strategies above.

JBGlass 09-29-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brett777 (Post 2047719767)
I haven't gotten less than 3 stars and I only have 10 teams left by fast breaking the whole game. Try to score off assist as well. The post fades aren't as consistent this year so it might be tough to do it that way. Have some good offensive rebounders too, second chance points get you 6 mt.

You got that right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasfrank 09-29-2015 06:33 PM

This is my first year playing so I'm a little lost with myteam right now. Is Domination the same as schedule.

For MyTeam I only have the option of Road to Playoffs, Schedule, and Tournaments.