Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   NFL2K16 (/forums/showthread.php?t=859465)

BAD_AL 10-10-2015 06:12 PM

NFL2K16

2 Attachment(s)
Hello All,

This is a franchise conversion of this year's Madden player ratings .

It's based on a fresh new Base 2004 Franchise file (I used my old NFL2KController program to enter most of it).
I did not update team defensive formations.
There are many things wrong with it, but I find it pretty fun to play.

I was able to simulate a whole season without any freezing!
Feel free to improve upon it and post updates.

**EDIT- Added XBOX Roster file
**EDIT- Updated Coaches on roster file

xxxcbookxxx 10-10-2015 11:21 PM

Re: NFL2K16

ok I downloaded your file but how do I put it in the franchise file in 2k5 I have updated just rosters before but not a franchise file I see updated rosters with editor looks good . please help

BAD_AL 10-11-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxcbookxxx (Post 2047755505)
ok I downloaded your file but how do I put it in the franchise file in 2k5 I have updated just rosters before but not a franchise file I see updated rosters with editor looks good . please help

You just load it and play it.

slayerkreator 10-13-2015 01:44 PM

nice franchise file, no freezing at simulating games, schedule (the games - no the dates) are correct....just coaches not updated, but its not a problem...

anyway this going keep nfl 2k5 2015-16 season!!!!

gwidoe123 10-13-2015 03:49 PM

Great file even with the things that are wrong. I converted it to ps2 but I don't know how to post it here. I would like to share if you don't mind but I don't know how

BAD_AL 10-14-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwidoe123 (Post 2047762338)
Great file even with the things that are wrong. I converted it to ps2 but I don't know how to post it here. I would like to share if you don't mind but I don't know how

When you post a reply, you click on "Manage Attachments" to bring up the form where you can add attachments.

BAD_AL 10-14-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slayerkreator (Post 2047761933)
nice franchise file, no freezing at simulating games, schedule (the games - no the dates) are correct....just coaches not updated, but its not a problem...

anyway this going keep nfl 2k5 2015-16 season!!!!

Yes, I was really bummed when I saw the lack of rosters this year. I'm currently working on a program that will make it much, much easier to create good, working franchise files.
I believe all this freezing is due to the same franchise files being modified year after year.
I think if we can extract extract data from previous saves (as plain text) and apply them to a base 2004 franchise (in a matter of milliseconds) we can produce high quality gamesaves very quickly.

GillBoldberg 10-14-2015 06:03 PM

Freezing can happen because of a million different things. I've been pretty lucky and never have had any major problems with freezing with my files over the years.

You are right in saying that using the same file over and over can increase the odds of freezing. A few other possibilities are contracts/salary cap (teams will try to cut players to get under the cap but sometimes they'll get stuck in a cycle where they have under 42 players and no cap room to sign players), changing years pro (this causes the stat glitch where player stats don't clear in the offseason) and clearing a player's stats (to fix the stat glitch) can cause freezing. Even names sometimes might cause some issues. The way Finn uses the "name bank" in the editor can cause some headaches.

I was hoping to find a way to extract data from my 2K4 file and create a 2K5 file for this year, but things got in the way. I really didn't want to do it by hand, a little too time consuming after working countless hours already on 2K4.