Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Sustained CPU drives (/forums/showthread.php?t=859701)

Ellard80 10-12-2015 08:06 PM

Sustained CPU drives

I've been playing Madden since the Early 90's...

A few years ago I've started messing with sliders but in recent years I'm not finding the game play to be what I want.

The biggest problem I have (I play on All Madden with usually difficult sliders that are a mixture of Jarrod's black set and a few other sets) is that the computer does not engage in sustained drives.

To me this is the biggest issue with Madden going back over a decade.

When they score they score on big plays... often robotic type plays.

Even with messing with sliders in most years I can not produce a grind it out more realistic game where I have to work on defense and the CPU possess the ball.

Anyone have any advice on how to fix this issue? Sliders? Penalties, game speed? anything?

Flazko 10-12-2015 09:04 PM

Re: Sustained CPU drives

Give my sliders and settings a try. Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders

viking12344 10-13-2015 12:09 AM

I have also run into this. What stopped it for me is playing no switch on defense. A lot of guys don't like playing that way though.

Ellard80 10-14-2015 10:42 PM

I have improved this a bit by being much more conservative in my defensive calls. My defense was always good but I gave up the occasional 80 yard touchdown. The frustrating thing is I'll play Quarters against a 3 wr set and there will be check downs open.. but the comp will force it down the field for an INT.

The biggest issue I have with this games at the moment is the turnovers... especially fumbles. When I drop the hit stick (35-40 user tackle 25 fumble for computer) they fumble about 50% of the time. There are also a lot of random fumbles. I had one game against the seahawks (I play with the Rams) where the seahags had NINE turnovers midway through the 3rd Q.

The computer just fumbles constantly and throws way to many picks (my int is at 20)

I'm going to start again and turn computer fumbles down to 10 and see if that is any better.

eastcoast49ers 10-15-2015 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellard80 (Post 2047766363)
I have improved this a bit by being much more conservative in my defensive calls. My defense was always good but I gave up the occasional 80 yard touchdown. The frustrating thing is I'll play Quarters against a 3 wr set and there will be check downs open.. but the comp will force it down the field for an INT.

The biggest issue I have with this games at the moment is the turnovers... especially fumbles. When I drop the hit stick (35-40 user tackle 25 fumble for computer) they fumble about 50% of the time. There are also a lot of random fumbles. I had one game against the seahawks (I play with the Rams) where the seahags had NINE turnovers midway through the 3rd Q.

The computer just fumbles constantly and throws way to many picks (my int is at 20)

I'm going to start again and turn computer fumbles down to 10 and see if that is any better.

The lower the fumble slider the more fumbles you will see

Playmakers 10-15-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking12344 (Post 2047760677)
I have also run into this. What stopped it for me is playing no switch on defense. A lot of guys don't like playing that way though.

Bingo!!!!!!

For some people they think this way of playing is screwing them over

They tend to forget you are playing the CPU AI not some online human opponent.

In real life I've never seen a defensive player like Ray Lewis all of sudden jump from his body into another LB's body just to make a play for that teammate....

I never understood the concept of no switch rule being house rules because your literally taking control of every other defender on your team by switching players then you wonder why the CPU AI can't be effective at certain things consistently

How about leting your AI temmates make plays on their own according to their ratings which is fair game IMO since the CPU AI is swapping players either.....

A 70 rated LB shouldn't be boosted up because you made him better by swicthing to him on defense to stop a RB he had no business stopping in the 1st place until you switched to him.