Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Absolutely HORRIBLE bigman defensive AI makes this game unplayable. (/forums/showthread.php?t=859768)

Kobrakai 10-13-2015 09:55 AM

Absolutely HORRIBLE bigman defensive AI makes this game unplayable.

This is by far the worst I have ever seen help defense in any NBA2K game in years, last year was bad enough but the way your AI center and PF "defend" the key is beyond ********.

Let's take a look why:

A) they jog back at a snail's pace after every made basket letting the other team score instant points in transition
B) a single pick and roll leaves them dazed and confused with absolutely no idea to rotate back and protect the rim
C) they never go "straight up", always try to cover from way behind and foul the opposing team at the end of the shot clock EVERY TIME
D) they STILL don't box out to the point where players much, much smaller than them can just teleport through and get the rebound

add this to the fact how easily they are stripped and AI big men are such a liability that it makes the game unplayable; especially given the overpowered cheese of the pick and roll game this year meaning that if you try and manually control the big man in order to rotate back, your AI point guard will just get abused and scored on with a midrange jumpshot that goes in even if it's a contested fadeaway.

Fixing issues like this should be priority #1 for any gameplay patches as the pick and roll coupled with terrible transition defense ruins the game and makes it completely un-fun.

Merize 10-13-2015 10:00 AM

Re: Absolutely HORRIBLE bigman defensive AI makes this game unplayable.

Agree. New post moves are excellent but anything else for bigmen are screwed... from ball control (getting stripped as soon as you grab the ball) to the lack of p&r defense.

Also the rebounding attribute is thrash.

rhein77 10-13-2015 10:26 AM

Absolutely HORRIBLE bigman defensive AI makes this game unplayable.

The stripping of big men as soon as u try to establish a post game should be looked at. I think the steal spamming of players going in for lay ups and dunks is a bit too high. I hope it can be tuned somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bo.jangles344 10-13-2015 10:39 AM

Everything on this game is "broken" or "unplayable".

Totally uninterested in anything you have to say because I'm sure you sound whiney.

Hope this helps your decision making process when you say to yourself "what should i name my new thread?".

ehh 10-13-2015 10:41 AM

Still having this problem despite making every adjustment we have at our disposal. I'm now controlling my C full time, if he rotates out towards the perimeter I switch to my PF, assuming he's closer to the rim. Bigs simply go brain dead too often and even move OUT of position if they are in GOOD position.

Playing Denver last night in my Knicks ML, Faried cuts to the hoop, Robin Lopez does a nice job of staying with him and denying the pass, then gets behind Faried. Once Faried has stopped his cut and is standing right in front of the rim about 5' out, Lopez decides to moonwalk under the basket, literally going out of bounds, leaving Faried wide open for an easy entry pass and dunk.

It's really my only issue with the game at this point but it's getting really frustrating. Denver had something like 72 PIP against me.

iam31yearsold 10-13-2015 10:43 AM

My elite big man defenders have no problem getting back on D, unless the transition team is fast and effective.

On PnR, I literally have to switch back and forth to try and defend on SS/Sim, it can be effective, but dear lord that much attention over 40 mins on every PnR is a bit much.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Kobrakai 10-13-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bo.jangles344 (Post 2047761477)
Everything on this game is "broken" or "unplayable".

Totally uninterested in anything you have to say because I'm sure you sound whiney.

Hope this helps your decision making process when you say to yourself "what should i name my new thread?".

The 24th Letter 10-13-2015 10:57 AM

Yeah, it's an issue as I pointed out yesterday....

Only thing you can do until it's addressed officially is:

Examine your difficulty level

Change sliders (This works well)

Make some of the adjustments pointed out by fellow OS'ers

If it's 'unplayable' for you then unplayable for you....I know it's nowhere close to that for me...but every one has their breaking point....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk