Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed (/forums/showthread.php?t=860092)

UnbelievablyRAW 10-15-2015 05:49 PM

The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

What is a fake turnover? Glad you asked.

https://vid.me/bV4L

Before the video plays, pause it at the very beginning at 0:00 and look at how Val is positioned, and the clear mismatch he has downlow against Jodie Meeks. Now play the video and watch as the game artificially forces a turnover by making Valanciunas starting running from the ball as soon as the pass is thrown. (FYI, lead passing is turned off in controller settings for me)

This happens constantly, and even more so when you are playing against the computer on HOF or Superstar and the opposing team is making a comeback (even though this example was from an online match)

SolidSquid 10-15-2015 06:16 PM

Re: The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW (Post 2047768475)
What is a fake turnover? Glad you asked.

https://vid.me/bV4L

Before the video plays, pause it at the very beginning at 0:00 and look at how Val is positioned, and the clear mismatch he has downlow against Jodie Meeks. Now play the video and watch as the game artificially forces a turnover by making Valanciunas starting running from the ball as soon as the pass is thrown. (FYI, lead passing is turned off in controller settings for me)

This happens constantly, and even more so when you are playing against the computer on HOF or Superstar and the opposing team is making a comeback (even though this example was from an online match)

Even if he caught it and posted up Meeks woulda bodied him up and caused the miss bc it's 2k

Pokes404 10-15-2015 06:20 PM

These kinds of turnovers are annoying, but you needed to wait an extra second to allow Valanciunas the time to turn and initiate the post up before feeding him. Yes, he shouldn't take off running just because you threw it a little early, but that's how the game is and you need to be patient when feeding the post.

BegBy 10-15-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokes404 (Post 2047768544)
These kinds of turnovers are annoying, but you needed to wait an extra second to allow Valanciunas the time to turn and initiate the post up before feeding him. Yes, he shouldn't take off running just because you threw it a little early, but that's how the game is and you need to be patient when feeding the post.

I agree. It is kinda slow at times waiting for your guy to go through the random dance he seems to do before digging in, but I have found that if you don't - you're asking for something funky to happen.

UnbelievablyRAW 10-15-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokes404 (Post 2047768544)

But what I'm saying is that that is not how the game should be

A player shouldn't press pass to a guy who is stationary at the time of the input, who starts running off as the pass is in motion to cause a turnover. I don't see how this should be chalked up to user error and not a problem with the game

BA2929 10-15-2015 07:03 PM

To me, that looks like the ball handler accidentally pressed the analog stick towards the basket on the pass, which led Val towards the hoop instead of just standing still and catching it.

UnbelievablyRAW 10-15-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA2929 (Post 2047768632)
To me, that looks like the ball handler accidentally pressed the analog stick towards the basket on the pass, which led Val towards the hoop instead of just standing still and catching it.

Nope

I just pressed R1 and L2 to pass it to Val and as soon as the pass started the CPU made Valanciunas start running away from the ball so I could get a turnover.

If you look closely at the beginning of the video you can see the L2 sign above Valanciunas's head as well.

UnbelievablyRAW 10-15-2015 07:51 PM

Another one.

https://vid.me/4ljR

Look at where Ross is when you see his "O" icon appear over his head (indicating that I'm passing to him at that position) and look at where the game made me pass the ball.

Hilarious

Edit: