Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   How many football gamers have played real football? (/forums/showthread.php?t=86029)

BrianFifaFan 07-05-2004 11:23 PM

How many football gamers have played real football?

In watching some of the posts, I have a question. How many of the guys playing these games have played the real deal and to what level? The main reason that I'm buying ESPN this year is that the game actually reminds me of the game of football. From the little things such as tackling to RB's putting their hands down to regain balance; this game is the best presentation of football I've ever seen.

That said, how many have had the privilege of two-a-days and snot bubbles?

I played through High School. (too small and slow for higher)

The GIGGAS 07-05-2004 11:24 PM

Re: How many football gamers have played real football?

I played in Gym class, does that count?

BrianFifaFan 07-05-2004 11:25 PM

No.....

bkrich83 07-05-2004 11:27 PM

There's a few of us here that have played college that I know of. Don't know about past that. But you never know.

Flyboy 07-05-2004 11:36 PM

I played in 9th grade and in most places that is considered high school rather junior high (yeah, my city is [censored] backwards) so that's what I went with. I got out for my freshman year because I have decided to focus strictly on academics.

DTX3 07-05-2004 11:44 PM

I played varsity on my freshmen year but got hurt so i dont play anymore im a junior.

Thanx to our star running back Frederick Collins i got a state championship ring. He played for SDSU but dropped out.

http://www.thedesertsun.com/news/sto...15015247.shtml

Wsv771 07-05-2004 11:45 PM

I played football and wrestled in high school before I got a scholarship to play football at North Carolina Central in Durham, NC in 2001 (Division II school so I always gotta give the "15 minutes from Duke speech" lol). I went on to redshirt my first year and was a backup for my redshirt freshman year. The next year early on the summer I suffered a fractured vertebrae in my lower back and I was out for the whole summer and part of the season, but managed to start the last 9 games of the season. Then, two weeks after we got back from winter break of all times, my back went out again in the weight room and I have since had to hang it up. My mini story of my playing days, lol.

Wsv771 07-05-2004 11:48 PM

Here are a few people I played against in high school that are currently playing college ball:

Chris Curry UNC
Jeff Longhany UNC
Delon Lowe Wake Forest
Calvin Lowry Penn State
Demarcus Tyler NC State
Kendrayus Guy UNC(Actually played with him in HS before he transferred)
Dan Inman Georgia
Patrick Pinkney ECU

Alot more but those are the ones that come to mind now.