Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Can sliders help me achieve the following? ATTN SLIDER GURUS (/forums/showthread.php?t=860678)

xSABOx 10-20-2015 11:04 AM

Can sliders help me achieve the following? ATTN SLIDER GURUS

First Madden in years that I'm still interested in playing after 30 days of its release! That being said there are some minor things I'd like to accomplish with sliders, but don't have time to test. To help me achieve certain realism that is missing from the game, I'm hoping some of the slider gurus can chime in and explain how sliders effect the actual gameplay on the field.

I've tried several different sliders from all of the top posts but keep coming away with mixed results. Default is close to producing a good realistic game except for a few things.

Passing Game - The negative is I'm not getting those 3-6 poor throws that all QBs make. If there is 35 passed made in a game, statistics have shown that on average 15% of incompletions are poor passes. In Madden I'm lucky to get one poor throw. We can get a very realistic passing game if we can get a mixture of 3-6 poor passes that don't always lead to interceptions, 1-2 drops a game and 1-2 deflections.

Pass Blocking - this kind of goes hand in hand with poor throws. I feel like we are getting the right amount of sacks, but not enough of a collapsed pockets causing the poor throws. This might be more of a gameplay thing with the way the game is designed. It would be nice to have an actual pocket form but that is probably a year away with some LT on the cover of the game lol. NFL someone is bound to always to get open against a zone if a QB has 4 seconds to throw the ball. In Madden I feel like 80% of the passes you have 4+ seconds to throw the ball, which is what causes the unrealistic completion percentages. If we can get the QB to get rid of the ball faster by way of pressure, not just getting sacked, it could really add to a realistic feel for passing.

Running Game - Another thing that I don't think can be fixed by sliders entirely. The lack of gap responsibility, different defense line stunts and zone blocking VS man blocking cause for unrealistic results. Its not as bad as it used to be, but its still there. I'd still like to minimize the TFL. There should be 1-2 a game, with the average run gaining 1-4 yards a pop. Mix in a couple of 8-12 yard runs and its what gets you the realistic average.

After all that complaining, any suggestions to make the following improvements? I grew up with online gaming, so its hard for me to play the no switch rule. I'd like to accomplish those three things without sacrificing the way I have to play the game. Any suggestions from the slider gurus?