Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Extra Attacker/Final Minute Line (/forums/showthread.php?t=860888)

scottiej86 10-21-2015 10:15 PM

Extra Attacker/Final Minute Line

It is not always the case, but for the sake of realism it drives me insane- In a close game against the computer, when I am up by a goal, and the computer throws out its 3rd or even 4th line in the final minute of play. When I play online I use the hybrid controls, so I experience the same issue sometimes with my bottom lines going out for the final minute because I can't control line changes.

I know fatigue plays a role, but I would like to see a pre-set line called the Extra Attacker or final minute line maybe even 2 lines. Set your forwards and D (possibly a forward on the blueline) in conjunction with the extra attack you want out. set your second line accordingly and away you go.

I would like to see EA adopt something like this, thoughts?

bigwill33 10-21-2015 11:06 PM

Re: Extra Attacker/Final Minute Line

They had this in their games for years in the mid-2000's. Eventually they took it out because they found it was too overpowered, I believe is what they said about it. Now they just have it so you can set who your extra attacker is when you pull your goalie or have a delayed PP situation.

northmen24 10-22-2015 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwill33 (Post 2047784352)
They had this in their games for years in the mid-2000's. Eventually they took it out because they found it was too overpowered, I believe is what they said about it. Now they just have it so you can set who your extra attacker is when you pull your goalie or have a delayed PP situation.

Problem is, it's inly 2 spots. So if those 2 guys are on the same line and that line is on the ice, you get the most rested guy on the bench. 9 times out of 10 he's going to be a 4th liner.

jake19ny 10-22-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northmen24 (Post 2047784731)
Problem is, it's inly 2 spots. So if those 2 guys are on the same line and that line is on the ice, you get the most rested guy on the bench. 9 times out of 10 he's going to be a 4th liner.

It's worse than that.....any time you edit your own lines the Extra Attacker option has a bug for two years now. Even when my extra attackers are not on the ice I get Dominic Moore my 4th line center or Viktor Stalberg my 3rd line winger. It's always one of those no matter what I set. Last year I would get Moore or Girardi. Just another offline bug from last year EA ignored because us offliners don't count.

bigwill33 10-22-2015 08:46 AM

Pretty much the same issue as when it sends enforcers and a 6th dman out for a shootout when you have someone with hands on the bench as the 6th shooter, and so on.

Been this way for years. And there doesn't seem to be a rush to address these issues.

THESHAMISASHAME 10-22-2015 09:26 AM

I play hybrid also and I always call a timeout in the last few minutes of the game just to be safe whether Im winning or losing .

Hammettf2b 10-22-2015 12:45 PM

I wish there were more PK lines. I hate when my Center gets a penalty, if hes on one of my PK lines, the other center on the other PK line has to double shift. It's pretty annoying.

bigwill33 10-22-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammettf2b (Post 2047785368)
I wish there were more PK lines. I hate when my Center gets a penalty, if hes on one of my PK lines, the other center on the other PK line has to double shift. It's pretty annoying.

Would also be nice if you could send any players over the boards at any time. End of a kill or PP you would want to change it up.

Or at least let us pick who takes the face off or the actual lineup and formations during a draw. Not this aggressive, defensive, normal bs.