Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   I am sorry but this game is unplayable (/forums/showthread.php?t=861330)

Daffers 10-26-2015 08:02 AM

I am sorry but this game is unplayable

I played ten games in career mode and drew 9, because the scripting is insane... when you are a goal up your players become slugish dont cover and make mistakes, while when you are a goal down its the other way around and you can easily score..
Makes this game unplayable against ai, regret buying this!

ai just bullet passes throught the defense to score the equalizer, nothing can be done!

flo182 10-26-2015 08:08 AM

Re: I am sorry but this game is unplayable

Agree with you.

Some games are so much fun but in around 50% of the games the scripted ai destroys all the fun.

What's especially frustrating that top-teams dont play like top-teams and really bad teams are able to play tiki-taka with 95% passing accuracy...

NY4Life 10-26-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daffers (Post 2047793737)
I played ten games in career mode and drew 9, because the scripting is insane... when you are a goal up your players become slugish dont cover and make mistakes, while when you are a goal down its the other way around and you can easily score..
Makes this game unplayable against ai, regret buying this!

ai just bullet passes throught the defense to score the equalizer, nothing can be done!

I have to disagree. I noticed this last year which caused me to trade it in. This year I am not seeing it. Play on WC with modified sliders. I have my fair share of shutouts where I can score and never feel that the CPU is magically coming back after every goal. I score differently every game as does the CPU. I am almost done with the first year of my CM playing in the second tier english league.

mfp 10-26-2015 10:09 AM

The CPU adjusts its tactics, that's all. You need to learn to adjust too.

Yes, defending against the CPU can be extremely tough and even unfair, but I'll frequently score a couple goals and win by big scorelines by counter-attacking against the CPU when it's chasing a game.

Don't take this the wrong way but you just need to get better. Only a couple weeks ago I hated the game on WC/Legendary and thought it was unplayable; now WC is becoming too easy. This is default with no sliders.

fearwhatnow 10-26-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfp (Post 2047793856)
The CPU adjusts its tactics, that's all. You need to learn to adjust too.

Yes, defending against the CPU can be extremely tough and even unfair, but I'll frequently score a couple goals and win by big scorelines by counter-attacking against the CPU when it's chasing a game.

Don't take this the wrong way but you just need to get better. Only a couple weeks ago I hated the game on WC/Legendary and thought it was unplayable; now WC is becoming too easy. This is default with no sliders.

Finally a logical statement.
What is it you're looking guys? You want to be up 1-0 and have the AI just praying to avoid the 2-0?
Also, have you ever scored the 2-0? If yes you should already know that is quite easy on WC to finish the game with a 4-0 win if you apply the proper tactics.

ZoneBlitz 10-26-2015 10:34 AM

I play on Professional, 10 minute quarters.

Indeed, human players do seem to play differently when up late. All of a sudden, their response times and passes seem to be off a bit. However, this seems to be mild at worst. The computer is more aggressive which leaves them open on the counter.

Scripted come backs simply don't happen to me. In fact, there have been several times when I have scored late to win or even seal the match. One time, they almost scored late to tie and it hit the goal post.

This game is eminently playable, extremely fun and a blast to play. Like a crooner in a love song, give it one more chance :-)

xicpanad 10-26-2015 02:06 PM

Donīt take this as a ranted opinion against your topic, itīs not. All these guys are saying (including me) is that the game is playable. It has its rage moments, but the overall feelling is great if you give it a chance, a real one.
Iīm getting better while I play my career mode, Iīm starting to understand even more the way the CPU thinks.
I agree the CPU gets stronger, after all, they are trying harder to get a goal. Trust me, if you can handle possession, pass around etc, and then you will see moments were the CPU leaves spaces you can explore. Change your tactics acording, give instructions to your players, and very very important, substitute tired players. Iīm at my 12th match at my season, and I lost one match. The rest are wins and draws. Sometimes is very hard to hold the win, but exploring those spaces left by the CPU is key. My last match, I won 5-1 because of CPU mistakes. But when I was winning, I really thought I was going to loose the match, because of CPU pressure all over the place. Still, I kept my patience, and the oportunities started showing up. When I scored the 3-1, CPU was tired, and couldnīt do anything at all.
So, every match can go either way, depending how we play it.

All default sliders and WC here.

Gdbraden 10-26-2015 04:11 PM

I don't know what to think. If I was reading this post based off of my first season at Bayer I wouldn't agree at all. I won the league, almost too easily. I made it to the Champions League quarterfinals. But I am about 12 games into my second season and I can't believe the difference in gameplay. The computer is burying goals from all over the place. It seems like whichever team has the lead starts running in mud. I'm going to try and adjust the sliders just to see if whatever spell the AI is under gets wiped out. The sad part is that the games are really competitive, but the computer just won't lose.