Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   Domination After Patch (/forums/showthread.php?t=863501)

Mephiskapheles 11-15-2015 09:59 PM

Domination After Patch

Unless I'm missing something, they took out the tap L2 for 5 points for a post move. I'm stuck on the West All Stars, lost to them about 20 times before patch but came close a few times. Now after the patch I'm not getting nearly enough MT to beat them.

Does anyone have tips?

dark987soul 11-15-2015 10:20 PM

Re: Domination After Patch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephiskapheles (Post 2047841117)
Unless I'm missing something, they took out the tap L2 for 5 points for a post move. I'm stuck on the West All Stars, lost to them about 20 times before patch but came close a few times. Now after the patch I'm not getting nearly enough MT to beat them.

Does anyone have tips?

Idk. The only thing Ive noticed since I got the game (2 weeks ago) is that no matter how quick I get a post fade shot off, I NEVER get an assist.

FWIW, Iso>PnR>Outlet has been my go-to and Im getting 800+ in all matches.

HarrySTruman 11-15-2015 11:14 PM

They did take out what they called the "exploit" of using L2 to convert everything into a post move. You still get Post points for certain post moves, but no more converting a fast break into a post move for extra MT. The patch notes say this:

Quote:

Fixed a MyTEAM post move score exploit by better defining post shot scenarios.

KingTocco 11-16-2015 01:04 AM

Oh that's cool but they still left in the terrible scoring system for domination games where you basically have to play like a fast break cheesy idiot the whole game in order to get enough points to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitManRan97 11-16-2015 09:42 AM

Has anyone been able to complete an Alley-Oop after the patch ?? I just missed a minimum of 8-10 alleys in a domination game !! whoever is recieving the ally keeps briking it off the rim !! Ridiculousss

knick9 11-16-2015 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HitManRan97 (Post 2047841788)
Has anyone been able to complete an Alley-Oop after the patch ?? I just missed a minimum of 8-10 alleys in a domination game !! whoever is recieving the ally keeps briking it off the rim !! Ridiculousss

Same thing in Gauntlet! I'd rather the pass just get mishandled or sail over their head than bricking a dunk.

Mephiskapheles 11-16-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarrySTruman (Post 2047841255)
They did take out what they called the "exploit" of using L2 to convert everything into a post move. You still get Post points for certain post moves, but no more converting a fast break into a post move for extra MT. The patch notes say this:

The extra 5 for tapping L2 was the only way I was getting enough MT. I passed, immediately tapped L2 then immediately took the shot for the 5 for assist. Is there a way to still get both bonuses? Now it either gives me the 5 for post or 5 for assist but not both. It seems like a post move doesn't count unless I dribble towards the basket with my back towards it now. But then it doesn't give me an assist, I have to take the shot immediately without dribbling for the assist.

BlessingSpore72 11-16-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephiskapheles (Post 2047841990)
The extra 5 for tapping L2 was the only way I was getting enough MT. I passed, immediately tapped L2 then immediately took the shot for the 5 for assist. Is there a way to still get both bonuses? Now it either gives me the 5 for post or 5 for assist but not both. It seems like a post move doesn't count unless I dribble towards the basket with my back towards it now. But then it doesn't give me an assist, I have to take the shot immediately without dribbling for the assist.

If you get someone like Dirk or LMA to post up then pass them the ball and do a post fade you should still get an assist + 5 for post. I will admit tapping the L2 helped me finish historic dom. But there were times when it wasnt even possible to do it bc they closed so quickly. I dont think i had many post scores and i beat the historic team on the first try. I had to foul them every possession in the 4th but i beat them