Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   A New Era: The New York Jets Empire (/forums/showthread.php?t=864188)

cdfresh96 11-25-2015 11:24 AM

A New Era: The New York Jets Empire

Darth Graham Wants A Gang Green Empire
Graham Looking To Take NY by Storm[/size]

ESPN NEW YORK

Florham Park -- As the Jets prepare for the 2015 NFL season, many expect the same thing. With defending champs from New England returning in full force and with Miami and Buffalo seeing instant improvements in personnel and front office, the AFC East has become one of the most competitive divisions in the NFL.

The Rex Ryan era is officially over in the Meadowlands and although Ryan did bring the Jets to back to back AFC championship games in his first two years as head coach, the Jets haven't made it back to the post season since 2010. Ryan's brashness may have cost him in the end as the latter Jets teams lacked discipline and control at times leading to their demise. With Ryan out of the picture the Jets wanted to change the culture. Enter Todd Bowles.

Bowles is coming off of a successful two year stint as defensive coordinator with the Arizona Cardinals, molding the red and black to a very good defensive team that made it to the playoffs. Bowles will now inherit a team with tremendous young talent on the defensive end (a usual strength of the Jets) but with limited talent on the offensive side of the ball.

The Jets did make some additions to the roster to compete with the improved AFC East. In March, New York negotiated a deal with the Chicago Bears to bring star receiver Brandon Marshall to Gang Green. After years of not having an athletic playmaker on the offensive end, Mike Maccagnan finally made a move to boost the offense. But it didn't stop there on the offensive end. Arguably the biggest addition to the Jets is the return of Darrelle Revis. Revis was the cornerstone of Ryan's playoff teams and if Revis can produce like he did last season in New England, the Jets will only give the talented defensive line more time to attack the QB. The Jets were also able to bring back another Jet corner in Antonio Cromartie. Cromartie is familiar with Bowles system as he was a member of the Cardinals last season as well.

Bowles is trying to add a championship culture to the Jets. Something that has been lacking since Joe Namath brought the Super Bowl to New York in 1968. Seeing the Giants win two Super Bowls the last few years has fueled new owner Troy Graham to bring a team to the Super Bowl not wearing blue. Graham is the youngest owner in the league at the age of 19 but has already become a financial mogul in New York and still even attends St. John's University. Graham watched the Giants win those Super Bowls when he was in middle school and high school. "It was tough watching those games. I mean being a lifelong Jets fan seeing the Pats and Giants in those Super Bowls were tough. Im sick of being the second team in New York. Besides the Yankees, there hasn't been a legitimate New York dynasty. But I don't just want a dynasty. I want an empire. I want New York to be the center of football greatness. And I don't want it to have anything to do with those Giants either." Graham is emotional about this team and its good to see an owner who finally cares about his franchise in New York rather than caring about only the business. But an empire is something that sounds a bit Yankee like. "Look I'm not a Yankee fan but there is something about that tradition that I want. We won't be wearing pinstripes anytime soon but I think its important to bring a championship culture to this city. I'm sick of our fans being embarrassed Jets fans. I want people to be proud to wear the Green and White. And it starts now."

Time will tell if the Jets can change the culture. But Jets will open their season in the Meadowlands against Johnny football and the Browns on Sunday at 1.

cdfresh96 11-25-2015 01:40 PM

Re: A New Era: The New York Jets Empire

NYJ Franchise Sliders

CFM: Created Owner (Troy Graham)
Sliders: Flask's True NFL Realism Sliders (All-Pro)
Quarter Length: 12 Min

So this is it. After doing some trial and error on how to navigate my way through Operation Sports I've finally made the decision to start a Madden 16 franchise mode. I've always done franchise (since Madden 2003 to be exact) but I have lost that juice needed to really go through the franchise mode. I figured maybe having it on OS would spice things up. I'm also interested in sports journalism as I've been working for my college newspapers since the start of this year so I figured I could have fun working on my craft as a writer while having some good ol' fun with Madden.

Being a NY native I am a diehard Jets fan who really has endured some rough times. There have been some good parts but for the most part its been kind of sad being a Jets fan (Being a Nets and Isles fan doesn't help the morale either). Every year feels the same. Jets nation gains the false excitement just by being 0-0 and the NY media talking about the team to much only to lead to a disappointing playoff missing season. Well now that I am the owner I'm looking to change these fortunes and well as I said in the earlier article, "build an empire."

The Jets have not won the Super Bowl since 1969 (my dad was about 6 at the time) and have really been a laughable organization since. From late game meltdowns to Butt Fumbles the team really has never shown much hope to become a true force in the league. So follow me as take on the role of Troy Graham (alter ego) and try to take these idiots to the Super Bowl (Key word: Try).

I am certainly not the best Madden player out there and thanks to the great Flazko sliders (Shoutout to him cause these are the best sliders on OS IMO) the Jets pretty much have no chance of winning right now (You never know, your boy might get hot). So this will be a rebuilding project from the ground up. I will make roster moves I feel could happen in real life, NO CRAZY TRADES. I would love to read some of the suggestions you guys have with team but i can't take them all so ultimately its gonna be my choice. Thanks for reading this far and stay tuned. Im looking to update as often as possible.

-CDFresh96 (AKA TG)

cdfresh96 11-25-2015 02:14 PM

Hope Its A Good Fitz
Fitzpatrick Beats Out Geno To Win Starting Gig

Florham Park, NJ -- Todd Bowles held a press conference on Wednesday to announce Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the starting QB against the Cleveland Browns.

“Personally, I think he is in a good place as a quarterback at this stage of his career,” Bowles said. “I think he is comfortable with who he is and he understands offense and what is around him and he is going to take what you give to him."

Fitzpatrick started off 2015 recovering from a broken leg suffered back in December of 2014. Fitzpatrick had a steel rod inserted in his lower leg during his surgery.

At 32, Fitzpatrick understands his role and knows he's not a quarterback to throw 40 TDs and break any of Tom Brady's records anytime soon but he knows he can still be a serviceable quarterback at this point in his career. “I want to be great for who I am and for what type of quarterback I am,” Fitzpatrick said. “... Great for me is going to be different than great for somebody else.”

"We just are focused on not turning the ball over," Bowles later said. "We want to stick to our gameplan and I think [Chan Gailey] has done a great job preparing our offense for Cleveland. They're a tough team and we need to be firing on all cylinders."

cdfresh96 11-25-2015 02:52 PM

STALLMATE!
Jets' Offense Struggles, Fitzpatrick Tears Quad, Defense Keeps Them In It

Jets contain Manziel but can't create any offense in tie

Meadowlands, NJ -- Sigh. The Jets started this game with an opening touchdown as Ryan Fitzpatrick completed a 7 yard slant route to Jeremy Kerley to take a 7-0 lead. And then... well the Jets scored 3 points after that for the rest of the day.

Perhaps the most notable news out of the Jets offense was that Fitzpatrick was unable to finish the game in OT with a Quad Tear. Geno Smith took over in OT and then would have to miss the rest of OT as well leaving rookie Bryce Petty as the Jets only hope. As expected, little was produced by the crippled offense in OT.

Fitzpatrick will miss at least 6 weeks with his injury and Nick Mangold will also miss some time as he pulled his groin late in the 3rd quarter.

The Jets defense was the bright spot again as Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie were instant difference makers as not only did they produce themselves (Revis recorded his first INT of the season), they made the whole defense look like a top 5 defense in the league. Granted it was against a very average team in the Cleveland Browns and not much was expected from Johnny Football in his first start of the season. But they have to start somewhere right.

Next week the Jets will take on Andrew Luck and the Colts on Monday Night Football. Hopefully the Jets will be able to continue their defensive success.

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn" width="575"><tr class="masthead"><td align="center" colspan="6">Cleveland Browns at New York Jets</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="48%">Sep 13, 13</td><td align="right" width="10%">1ST</td><td align="right" width="10%">2ND</td><td align="right" width="10%">3RD</td><td align="right" width="10%">4TH</td><td align="right" width="12%">SCORE</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Cleveland Browns (0-0-1)</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right" class="active">10</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>New York Jets (0-0-1)</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right" class="active">10</td></tr></table><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn spacer" width="575"><tr class="masthead"><td colspan="3">Team Stats Comparison</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="60%"></td><td align="center" width="20%">CLE</td><td align="center" width="20%">NYJ</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Total Offense</td><td align="center">444</td><td align="center">386</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Rushing Yards</td><td align="center">142</td><td align="center">157</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Passing Yards</td><td align="center">302</td><td align="center">157</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">First Downs</td><td align="center">22</td><td align="center">20</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Punt Return Yards</td><td align="center">2</td><td align="center">23</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Kick Return Yards</td><td align="center">97</td><td align="center">74</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Total Yards</td><td align="center">543</td><td align="center">483</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Turnovers</td><td align="center">4</td><td align="center">4</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">3rd Down Converstion</td><td align="center">7</td><td align="center">9</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">4th Down Conversion</td><td align="center">0</td><td align="center">0</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">2-Point Conversion</td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals</td><td align="center">1/1</td><td align="center">1/0</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Penalties</td><td align="center">94 Yds</td><td align="center">35 yds</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Posession Time</td><td align="center">39:20</td><td align="center">35:40</td></tr></table><table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" class="spacer" style="margin:0 auto;" width="575"><tr><td align="center" valign="top" width="50%"><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn spacer" width="100%"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="#322820" colspan="5"><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Cleveland Browns</span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">PASSING</td><td align="right" width="16%">C/A</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td><td align="right" width="16%">INT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Johnny Manziel</td><td align="right">28/44</td><td align="right">302</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">3</td></tr></table></td><td align="center" valign="top" width="50%"><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn spacer" width="100%"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="#313F36" colspan="5"><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">New York Jets</span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">PASSING</td><td align="right" width="16%">C/A</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td><td align="right" width="16%">INT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Ryan Fitzpatrick</td><td align="right">14/25</td><td align="right">197</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">2</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Geno Smith</td><td align="right">2/4</td><td align="right">18</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Bryce Petty</td><td align="right">2/4</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RUSHING</td><td align="right" width="16%">ATT</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Chris Ivory</td><td align="right">23</td><td align="right">94</td><td align="right">4.1</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Steven Ridley</td><td align="right">11</td><td align="right">37</td><td align="right">3.4</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Geno Smith</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">12</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Ryan Fitzpatrick</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">12</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RECEIVING</td><td align="right" width="16%">REC</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Jeremy Kerley</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">37</td><td align="right">7.4</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Brandon Marshall</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">57</td><td align="right">14.3</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Eric Decker</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">64</td><td align="right">21.3</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Kellen Davis</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">31</td><td align="right">10.3</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Kenbrell Thompkins</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">27</td><td align="right">13.5</td><td align="right">0</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></body></html>

cdfresh96 11-25-2015 03:03 PM

Geno's Last Chance?
Will Smith be able to take advantage of his second chance?

Florham Park, NJ -- Since Fitzpatrick's injury. Bowles quickly made the decision to name Geno Smith the new starting QB.

"We were confident that Smith would be ready of the opportunity was given to him. He's got himself a second chance. Now its just up to him," Bowles said.

"Im ready," Smith said. "I worked all offseason for this moment. It may not have been the way I pictured getting the starting job but its how the world works I guess. Fitz has worked with me all training camp just quizzing my mind seeing if I was still mentally sharp. He's from Harvard so I guess he's always been into quizzes but anything that can help Im all for it."

It won't be an easy first task but there's a reason why the Jets drafted Smith. They felt he could be the future of this franchise and even though it may have not been the start both parties would have liked, its Smith chance to erase the past and become a leader of this team. Time will tell whether Geno is really up to it.

cdfresh96 11-25-2015 03:18 PM

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn" width="575"><tr class="masthead"><td align="center" colspan="6">New York Jets at Indianapolis Colts</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="48%">Jan 1, </td><td align="right" width="10%">1ST</td><td align="right" width="10%">2ND</td><td align="right" width="10%">3RD</td><td align="right" width="10%">4TH</td><td align="right" width="12%">SCORE</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>New York Jets (0-1-1)</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right" class="active">13</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Indianapolis Colts (1-1)</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">13</td><td align="right" class="active">20</td></tr></table><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn spacer" width="575"><tr class="masthead"><td colspan="3">Team Stats Comparison</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="60%"></td><td align="center" width="20%">NYJ</td><td align="center" width="20%">IND</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Total Offense</td><td align="center">265</td><td align="center">369</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Rushing Yards</td><td align="center">68</td><td align="center">151</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Passing Yards</td><td align="center">197</td><td align="center">218</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">First Downs</td><td align="center">11</td><td align="center">18</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Punt Return Yards</td><td align="center">0</td><td align="center">10</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Kick Return Yards</td><td align="center">27</td><td align="center">100</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Total Yards</td><td align="center">292</td><td align="center">479</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Turnovers</td><td align="center">0</td><td align="center">1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">3rd Down Converstion</td><td align="center">5</td><td align="center">8</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">4th Down Conversion</td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">2-Point Conversion</td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals</td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Penalties</td><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Posession Time</td><td align="center">22:04</td><td align="center">37:56</td></tr></table><table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" class="spacer" style="margin:0 auto;" width="575"><tr><td align="center" valign="top" width="50%"><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn spacer" width="100%"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="#313F36" colspan="5"><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">New York Jets</span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">PASSING</td><td align="right" width="16%">C/A</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td><td align="right" width="16%">INT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Geno Smith</td><td align="right">19/35</td><td align="right">197</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RUSHING</td><td align="right" width="16%">ATT</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Chris Ivory</td><td align="right">16</td><td align="right">57</td><td align="right">3.6</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Steven Ridley</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">8</td><td align="right">4.0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RECEIVING</td><td align="right" width="16%">REC</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Jeremy Kerley</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">70</td><td align="right">11.7</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Brandon Marshall</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">69</td><td align="right">17.3</td><td align="right">0</td></tr></table></td><td align="center" valign="top" width="50%"><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn spacer" width="100%"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="#163F83" colspan="5"><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Indianapolis Colts</span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">PASSING</td><td align="right" width="16%">C/A</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td><td align="right" width="16%">INT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Andrew Luck</td><td align="right">17/24</td><td align="right">218</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RUSHING</td><td align="right" width="16%">ATT</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Frank Gore</td><td align="right">21</td><td align="right">83</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Ahmad Bradshaw</td><td align="right">13</td><td align="right">56</td><td align="right">4.3</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RECEIVING</td><td align="right" width="16%">REC</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>T.Y. Hilton</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">119</td><td align="right">17.0</td><td align="right">1</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></body></html>

cdfresh96 11-25-2015 03:29 PM

THEY STINK!
Jets Fall to Eagles, Drop to 0-2-1

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn" width="575"><tr class="masthead"><td align="center" colspan="6">Philadelphia Eagles at New York Jets</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="48%">Jan 1, </td><td align="right" width="10%">1ST</td><td align="right" width="10%">2ND</td><td align="right" width="10%">3RD</td><td align="right" width="10%">4TH</td><td align="right" width="12%">SCORE</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Philadelphia Eagles (1-2)</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">13</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">15</td><td align="right" class="active">31</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>New York Jets (0-2-1)</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right" class="active">24</td></tr></table><table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" class="spacer" style="margin:0 auto;" width="575"><tr><td align="center" valign="top" width="50%"><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn spacer" width="100%"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="#003B48" colspan="5"><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Philadelphia Eagles</span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">PASSING</td><td align="right" width="16%">C/A</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td><td align="right" width="16%">INT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Sam Bradford</td><td align="right">13/25</td><td align="right">178</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RUSHING</td><td align="right" width="16%">ATT</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Demarco Murray</td><td align="right">17</td><td align="right">57</td><td align="right"></td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RECEIVING</td><td align="right" width="16%">REC</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Demarco Murray</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">87</td><td align="right">21.8</td><td align="right">0</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Jordan Matthews</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">24</td><td align="right">12</td><td align="right">0</td></tr></table></td><td align="center" valign="top" width="50%"><table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="osdyn spacer" width="100%"><tr class="masthead_alt"><td bgcolor="#313F36" colspan="5"><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">New York Jets</span></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">PASSING</td><td align="right" width="16%">C/A</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td><td align="right" width="16%">INT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Geno Smith</td><td align="right">23/37</td><td align="right">230</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="36%">RECEIVING</td><td align="right" width="16%">REC</td><td align="right" width="16%">YDS</td><td align="right" width="16%">AVG</td><td align="right" width="16%">TD</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Jeremy Kerley</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">77</td><td align="right">19.3</td><td align="right">1</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></body></html>

cdfresh96 11-25-2015 09:52 PM

Just Shut Up Troy
Graham still believes in the future even while the Jets are 3-8-1 at the bottom of the AFC East

Florham, NJ -- So he we are. Week 14. Any big surprises in the NFL? Well if you asked anybody if they thought the Tennessee Titans would be 9-2 at this point in the season they probably would look at you crazy. So yes that is a surprise but when it comes to the Jets, well just a typical season of mediocrity.

The youngest owner in the league Troy Graham may be the only person following football (at least he says he does) who believes the Jets will still be an empire for years to come. "This year has been rough for us," Graham said. "We've been getting killed with injuries and just haven't been consistent enough on either sides of the ball to be a playoff team this year." But we knew this. Everyone knew. Sure the addition of Brandon Marshall and Darrelle Revis helped, but these are the Jets we're talking about. Normally they are going to find a way to mess it up right?

"We will be fine. We are looking to show Jets fans that we won't be at the bottom of the league this year and we want to finish with pride to set the tone for next season," Graham stated. Graham's positive nature looked good in the beginning of the season. But at 3-8-1 and getting embarrassed by their older NY sibling Giants, the positivity must be reeled in just a bit. And unfortunately the future doesn't look to good without the knowledge of who the QB will be next year. Unless any real major personnel changes are made in the offseason, the Jets may have to deal with another bad year.

A solution? Well if I were running this team, a QB would be nice. There are some good QBs in this years draft and the Jets should be targeting one of them in the first round. "I'm not worried," Graham said. "My uncle told me my cousin from Toronto, who still I still haven't met yet, made some song a few years ago called 'We'll Be Fine.' Not too sure who the cousin is but thats the mindset I have going into the offseason. We'll be fine."