Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I Need Help (srs) (/forums/showthread.php?t=864482)

plak89 11-29-2015 04:00 PM

I Need Help (srs)

I absolutely love this game, but I have a hard time picking and staying with a team because their uniforms might not be exactly the same as their unis in real life.

Like Georgia Tech for instance, I really love the triple option so I was going to start one with them, but when I went to see if they had the same jerseys in the game that they do in real life, I noticed they updated them this year...

I've tried to replicate them on teambuilder, but it's not possible with the few options they have on there.

I know some people will look at me like I'm crazy, and say that I should just have fun with the game and not worry about all that stuff, but it really bugs me.

Anybody else have this issue? How do you go about getting over it?

Pandabear218 11-29-2015 04:06 PM

Re: I Need Help (srs)

Well you can purchase the uniform packs and it has Tech's honeycomb. So you would have all the uni's they used this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jello1717 11-30-2015 01:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by plak89 (Post 2047867935)
Anybody else have this issue?

No

My team went from their normal uniforms like this:
Attachment 111952

and switched to these (different shade of maize and white pants on the road)
Attachment 111953

but that certainly wouldn't keep me from enjoying the game (a lot).

kc_brigade88 11-30-2015 10:57 PM

I'm a huge uniform guy, and graphic artist because of it. To answer your question, while uniforms are important to me....this game will never get 2015-beyond uniforms.

If that is what is stopping you from playing this game, start with some Bill Walsh Football and play a season on every game and realize most uniforms change in the 2000's. Go play an older version with Oregon's diamond plate shoulders lol.

All I'm saying is if the uniforms are a buzzkill for you, I don't think you will enjoy any previous video game unless it's the most current one. (Madden, NHL, FIFA etc.)

SilverBullet19 12-03-2015 08:12 PM

It bugs me too. Luckily my favorite team is Boise state...and although they have added a few options the overall design remians unchanged.

You have to look past it. I usually just have some imaginary backstory...like when I became coach I chose these uniforms over the current ones.

There are some teams that don't really change. You could pick from them. Off the top of my head:
Penn State
Texas
Ohio State
NC State (if I'm not mistaken they haven't changed since this game, but I rarely see them on TV)
Clemson
Most of the PAC 12

I'm sure theres more. So if its a huge bother, try to take positions at schools where they remain the same.

plak89 12-03-2015 09:07 PM

Thanks for the replies fellas. I was able to recreate them (fairly closely at least) on teambuilder. I'll try and upload some pics of them to the main photo thread on the first page.

jello1717 12-03-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plak89 (Post 2047876195)
Thanks for the replies fellas. I was able to recreate them (fairly closely at least) on teambuilder. I'll try and upload some pics of them to the main photo thread on the first page.

Just keep in mind that if you are playing a dynasty w/ a teambuilder team there are some serious disadvantages. Here are a few off the top of my head:
  • Can't use the editor
  • Lose your rivals and only get 1. Don't remember if you get to pick it or not, but you'll lose all others. GT has VT, UGA, Clemson, and GSU (seriously EA?) as rivals so you'll lose 3 of them.
  • You lose all other team history for your team (alltime record, bowl record, conf chamionships, national championships, etc).
There might be other stuff you lose. To me, that sounds like a LOT to lose just to have uniforms that are closer to how they look in real life in 2015.

That said, it's your game so have fun with it however you want.

SilverBullet19 12-04-2015 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jello1717 (Post 2047876226)
Just keep in mind that if you are playing a dynasty w/ a teambuilder team there are some serious disadvantages. Here are a few off the top of my head:
  • Can't use the editor
  • Lose your rivals and only get 1. Don't remember if you get to pick it or not, but you'll lose all others. GT has VT, UGA, Clemson, and GSU (seriously EA?) as rivals so you'll lose 3 of them.
  • You lose all other team history for your team (alltime record, bowl record, conf chamionships, national championships, etc).
There might be other stuff you lose. To me, that sounds like a LOT to lose just to have uniforms that are closer to how they look in real life in 2015.

That said, it's your game so have fun with it however you want.

The rivals is the worst. You only inherit the main rival of whoever you replace. I.E. you replace SJSU, your only rival is Fresno. You don't get SDSU or any others.