Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Rocket League (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=604)
-   -   Rocket League Confirmed For Xbox One, Arrives February 2016 - No Crossplay (/forums/showthread.php?t=864755)

Steve_OS 12-03-2015 11:14 PM

Rocket League Confirmed For Xbox One, Arrives February 2016 - No Crossplay

It was just a matter of time, Psyonix just confirmed Rocket League is coming to Xbox One in February 2016 (watch the trailer here). The Xbox One version will also receive some exclusive Halo and Gears of War equipment to outfit your cars.

UPDATE: (12-4) For those of you hoping for crossplay, it's not happening.

In addition to the base game, Rocket League will come bundled with all three previously-released DLC packs -- Supersonic Fury, Revenge of the Battle-Cars, and the newest add-on, Chaos Run -- at no additional cost. The Xbox One version will also include multiple exclusive customization items (details to be revealed at a future date), the same continued support and DLC planned for the other systems, and 44 Achievements for 1,000 GS.

Though the Back to the Future™ Car Pack is not included as part of the Xbox One package, it will be available for purchase as day-one DLC.

Xbox One Features
  • Exclusive Battle-Cars: 16 Cars + 2 Xbox One Exclusives (the Halo "HogSticker," an alternate version of the Warthog, and the Gears of War "Armadillo")
  • Garage Customization items: More than 400 different pieces, including Paint Types, Wheels, Rocket Trails, Antennas, and Toppers
  • Maps: DFH Stadium, Beckwith Park, Mannfield, Urban Station, Utopia Coliseum, Wasteland (with multiple variants of most of those maps)
  • Multiplayer: 4-Player Splitscreen, 8-Player Online. Ranked and Unranked Play, Special Mutator-Themed playlist(s), Private Match support (with named rooms and optional passwords)
  • Game Modes: Exhibition 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, Unfair Mode (1v2, 1v3, 1v4), Offline Season Mode
  • More Features: Replay Viewer, Customizable controls, "Mutator" game-variant options (Ball Type, Ball Speed, Boost Strength, Max Score, Match Length, etc., etc.)
Price
The Xbox One version of the game will be the same price as the PS4™ and PC versions (USD $19.99) and the new version is packed with exclusives and bonuses.

Source - Rocket League Forums

underdog13 12-03-2015 11:37 PM

Re: Rocket League Confirmed For Xbox One, Arrives February 2016

Hopefully can cross play with ps4 not just pc

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

underdog13 12-03-2015 11:41 PM

According to game informer x bone is all by itsself :(

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ngs-board.aspx

fearwhatnow 12-04-2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underdog13 (Post 2047876503)
According to game informer x bone is all by itsself :(

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ngs-board.aspx

Most probably MS restrictions.

murph17 12-04-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearwhatnow (Post 2047876975)
Most probably MS restrictions.

Oh MS, you and your silly restrictions. If there was ever a time to start opening up a little, this was it. Huge hit that was console exclusive to PS4 with a big community of gamers around it. And here comes along the XB1 version late to the party, in their own tiny walled off garden.

Steve_OS 12-04-2015 05:29 PM

Re: Rocket League Confirmed For Xbox One, Arrives February 2016 - No Crossplay

Updated the OP w/ more features.

Quote:

Rocket League will come bundled with all three previously-released DLC packs -- Supersonic Fury, Revenge of the Battle-Cars, and the newest add-on, Chaos Run -- at no additional cost.

mikenoob 12-04-2015 07:11 PM

Wow shame there's no cross play for Xbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fearwhatnow 12-05-2015 07:00 AM

This game was a chance for MS to open up a little and they still manage to screw up. This one is created for MP and cross-play in mind. Thousands of PS4 and PC players play with each other every day without problems. I have yet to encounter problematic behaviour by fellow players and I'm clearly not an online gamer.
Good job MS limiting the fun to just dozens of XBONE players.