Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Fella over at maddennation reporting that the ps2 has slowdown (/forums/showthread.php?t=86904)

HoodedSoldier 07-12-2004 11:34 AM

Fella over at maddennation reporting that the ps2 has slowdown

fella by the name of fredsmooth21 has said
fredsmooth21:Played the XBOX offline and online. All i have to say is wow. The XBOX version is way better than the PS2 version in my opinion. The only thing i dont really like is the controls. But the hardcore XBOX fans who are used to it will love it.

The game plays so much more fluid on XBOX. There is no lag whatsoever to cut scenes to the fans. The game loads 10X faster and the graphics are sound are simply a work of art.

I have optical surround sound and component cables hooked up to my tv. This game was made for it. It utilizes the full power of the XBOX. The crowd sounds as if its in my aparment.

Something i noticed about the XBOX version that i really liked was that the DBs and WR respond to the controls better, or at least it seemed. Example, When i was a DB and i hit the "Y" wihich is equivelant to the "Triangle" button my DB jumped. In PS2 sometimes when i hit triangle the guy just throws his hands up and doesnt jump. I dont know if this is the gameplay being a little more fluid on the XBOX or what but its definitely good.

and in another post he has said
fredsmooth21:yeah im not lying about the slowdown either. When I played ninja and moz, it was very noticeable. I told ninja wtf? Why is it lagging? He said its not lagging thats how it slows down at times. So i thought it was just an online part, but i played offline and the same thing. its about a half second to a second pause.

So some of you with both systems maybe need to switch it ova to the xbox and get use to the controller if what he is saying is true.

fredsmooth21 07-12-2004 11:38 AM

Re: Fella over at maddennation reporting that the ps2 has slowdown

Haha, thanks for posting. Yeah there is slowdown both offline and online in the ps2 version, so im just going to assume its the ps2 version only. When i've played the XBXO version it was so smooth. Like i said in the post, i didn't think i'd like the xbox version since im a die hard ps2 die. But the smoothness, graphics and sound on my home theater are too good to pass up. I've gotten used to the controls, so now its not a problem.

PittDawg21 07-12-2004 11:38 AM

uh no, lets not be spreading rumors

fredsmooth21 07-12-2004 11:40 AM

its not a rumor. you'll see for youself.

Brandwin 07-12-2004 11:40 AM

Damn...where are all those guys who were bashing the xbox and us guys when the videos showed a slowdown?

Hopefully the game is okay for both systems, just a little ironic if its true.

SicksentZ 07-12-2004 11:40 AM

HoodedSoldier 07-12-2004 11:41 AM

lol i thought ya name was familar fredsmooth wasn't sure but did have a feeling that you did post ova here at os lol but thanks for ya impressions ova at maddennation much appreciated.

fredsmooth21 07-12-2004 11:41 AM

BTW its noticeable during gameplay when fumbles occur. And when it goes to cut scenes to the fans or mascots. its like a small hiccup. Its really weird. The ps2 sounds like its going to break, sitting there reading the disc so loud. Hell maybe its my ps2 :D