Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   2k experts please help how to do I dribble without getting ripped (/forums/showthread.php?t=869057)

CoachDavid 12-12-2015 07:25 PM

2k experts please help how to do I dribble without getting ripped

I asked this question but I guess I didn't ask for help from the 2k expert players.

I have a play with ball control of 79 and he constantly get ripped. I noticed the crossover animation is the culprit. I can not figure out how to prevent the crossover or at least control when it happens.

I play a bunch but don't play online. I play my career exclusively. 10 turn overs with 8 of them being dribble turnovers seems high. I get a few turn overs from passes but mostly I would like my guy to learn how to dribble.

Also I don't dribble into a crowd in the paint as this seems to be a guaranteed turn over. Often my guy gets ripped one on one.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoachDavid 12-12-2015 08:03 PM

Also my max ball control possible is 82.

I am hoping one of you guys who actually know how to play this game can help. I am slowly loosing interest in the game.

The patch was promising. It fix some of the passing errors caused by the CPU running the wrong direction on a pass. My only issue seems to be the defensive player is the only player which reacts to passes which leads to turn overs where the defender is out of position but drives to the ball but the offensive play stays put.

ViolenceFight 12-12-2015 11:41 PM

Re: 2k experts please help how to do I dribble without getting ripped

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachDavid (Post 2047896523)
Also my max ball control possible is 82.

I am hoping one of you guys who actually know how to play this game can help. I am slowly loosing interest in the game.

The patch was promising. It fix some of the passing errors caused by the CPU running the wrong direction on a pass. My only issue seems to be the defensive player is the only player which reacts to passes which leads to turn overs where the defender is out of position but drives to the ball but the offensive play stays put.

So, first and foremost: Any time you feel uncomfortable with the ball, L2. That puts you into a protect dribble/post up dribble. That will cut down on random rips.

As far as getting flat out stolen. I'd need to see what you're doing. Like, I'm aware we always ask for video on here, but I'd be able to quickly pin point the problem that way.

Are you stating in one spot too long? Are you just doing dribbles without a purpose? Are you looking for the defender to take a wrong step or shade incorrectly? There's a lot of subtleties that are hard to tell without the problem in front of me

JoFri 12-12-2015 11:45 PM

sorry now i see yor real issue. i could do those crossovers with ease using players like westbrook, durant, d'angelo and today's kobe. never did i try on player with lower rating on ball control.

u want to post some vidz so we can see what probably went wrong? i have some basic crossover guides on youtube but they are on players with better ball control rating.

JoFri 12-12-2015 11:46 PM

just to clarify i'm not a 2k expert as i'm still learning the game. just see how i can help ...

JoFri 12-13-2015 12:07 PM

i just checked kobe has 80 for ball control. u should be able to pull off these moves

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047895137

i posted "kobe can still cross" there. check it out and see if it helps?

CoachDavid 12-15-2015 12:47 AM

Sorry I did not reply yet. I will post a video and also clarify what I am doing.

I was hoping to control when my play did his crossover. Every time my player dribbles and then weaves, even a little the crossover is triggered. If a player is near when this happens a turn over is almost guaranteed. This happens, for example, if I run from the top of the key toward the baseline 3pt return the controller to center too maybe avoid a player.

I need to make a video and figure out how to post

Thanks

CoachDavid 12-15-2015 02:10 AM

Ok I made capture led some video but most of the steals were caused by a contact animation.

Is there some way to prevent the steal after contact.

I am waiting for the video to post so I can share