Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Manual substitution tips? (/forums/showthread.php?t=869149)

Philbin 12-12-2015 11:39 PM

Manual substitution tips?

Long time 2k head just always have done auto subs on rotation. I play PNO mostly and some myteam. Any tips on when to sub out. Energy levels signs etc? Also the quick sub on the dpad seems hard to do on the fly in an online game. Does it get easier with practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chargers_Are_The_Bes 12-12-2015 11:53 PM

Re: Manual substitution tips?

It's much easier with practice. I depending on the minutes I try and put my 6th man in at the half point of the first quarter. And then a minute after my bench. At the start of the 2nd quarter I keep my bench in until the halfway point then my started for the rest of that quarter. 3rd quarter comes around I do the same as I did in the first. But when the 4th quarter starts I like to keep my bench in until the the halfway point. And when it's 2 minutes left I'll call a timeout to make sure my starters have full stamina

Philbin 12-13-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes (Post 2047896891)
It's much easier with practice. I depending on the minutes I try and put my 6th man in at the half point of the first quarter. And then a minute after my bench. At the start of the 2nd quarter I keep my bench in until the halfway point then my started for the rest of that quarter. 3rd quarter comes around I do the same as I did in the first. But when the 4th quarter starts I like to keep my bench in until the the halfway point. And when it's 2 minutes left I'll call a timeout to make sure my starters have full stamina

May tRy this out using some teams I don't know so this helps a ton. Thanks man. Trying to go on a run of worst to best teams undefeated on a new account. Already got to GOAT. warriors user who who can't beat the Sixers

tril 12-13-2015 09:42 AM

its about knowing your roster. there is no right or wrong way.
some games I can have a player play 40+ minutes, the next game that same player fatigues quicker. and he'll only wind up playing half of that.
its the progressive fatigue in the game, which I think is properly implemented.

another cue is that between stoppage of play you can see some players look exhausted. you'll see their hands on their knees etc.

the new sub mechanics/features is horrible. its very hard to sub in game. and if you are subbing while taking free throws. pending on who you sub, youll immediately shoot the free throw once you finish subbing. you have no time to aim etc. thats because the sub directionals use the same shooting motion as the shot stick.

I usually have to call timeouts to sub, 2k overthought the sub features. they should have left it like 2k15

Hustle Westbrook 12-13-2015 01:52 PM

As soon as my players energy levels get below 90 I substitute my bench in.

TheDuggler 12-13-2015 04:08 PM

If playing online, don't bother using subs. Fatigue has almost no affect right now and you can just spam timeouts in the late 3rd and 4th and be right back at 100

Hustle Westbrook 12-13-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDuggler (Post 2047898170)
If playing online, don't bother using subs. Fatigue has almost no affect right now and you can just spam timeouts in the late 3rd and 4th and be right back at 100

I don't get this. I play online and I HAVE to substitute my players out or they will get tired by the 3 minute mark and I play at a relatively slow pace compared to these fastbreak players. And I'm talking in both PNO with the Knicks and MyTeam where I have a superstar squad.

I'm not seeing this fatigue having no affect problem that you guys are. Even the hardcore cheesers I play eventually have to put their bench in.

ksuttonjr76 12-14-2015 09:09 AM

If you have a pretty "set" rotation, I would recommend setting the lineups in the lineups menu for the other predetermined lineups. During the game, it's easier to switch to bench, tall, etc by tabbing over versus using the right stick. I have switched to auto, because I've been VERY impressed with the substitutions. It's rare that I do a manual substitution, unless I feel that Paul George has been sitting down too long, and I need offense badly.