Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16 (/forums/showthread.php?t=870876)

tnixen 12-16-2015 12:30 PM

Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I1diNVI3YJw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IGN has posted a new MLB The Show 16 video, featuring Sony San Diego's Ramone Russell walking through the recently released trailer and going over many more details about the game.

Below are some of the details, but watch the entire video here.

All appropriate stadiums will have open and closed roof options (option for open or closed in Exhibition/Online games, for RTTS and Franchise, it will depend on the weather for that day)

Physically Based Rendering - Makes wood look like wood, glass look like glass, concrete look like concrete, etc...

Showtime - Slows down critical moments (dive plays, hot corner reactions, steal attempts, pressure batting moments) to give the user more precise control. Showtime is only seen in RTTS in Player Lock and it will be an optional feature you can turn on/off.

Added over 100 signature home run swings, tons of new pitcher reaction animations, so they get out of the way of the ball and not get hit as much.

Briefly went over HumanIK, which fixes transitional animations from years past, but more will be revealed in the future.

Added over 50 new double play animations, over 100 dive/throw animations, 3 brand new running styles (small, athletic, lumbering)

Conquest mode - More to be revealed later, as it is too big to cover in this particular video

Another mode that wasn't shown in the trailer, will be revealed at a later date.

Return of classic stadiums - Forbes Field, Shibe Park, Sportsman Park, Polo Grounds, Crosley Field, Griffith Park

6 new legends revealed, but more to come. All legends from last year will return.

2 new Diamond Dynasty card types - Rookie and Prime

Credit to ryanmc564 for finding this!

ryanmc564 12-16-2015 12:51 PM

Re: MLB The Show 16 Developer Discusses New Features - IGN Video!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnixen (Post 2047904728)
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/12/16...paign=Blogroll

Credit to ryanmc564 for finding this!

Just wanted to give a big thank you to Russell for explaining everything in such great detail! :)

And I definitely like what I am hearing!

Humanik baby!!! :)

The humanIK hopefully will make a lot of the older animations smoother, the new and better animations is music to my ears.

tnixen 12-16-2015 12:57 PM

One thing that was not mentioned in the video is whether or not that "MLB Network" ad will mean anything other then just being a new ad for the game.:popcorn:

dalger21 12-16-2015 01:24 PM

Cool. Eager to see the dev streams about '16.

Turbojugend 12-16-2015 01:44 PM

Returning classic stadiums:

Forbes Field
Shibe Park
Sportsman Park
Polo Grounds
Crosley Field
Griffith Park

ShowTyme15 12-16-2015 01:47 PM

Retractable roofs CONFIRMED!

I love the fact in Franchise mode it will be closed according to weather. Random weather must be making its return.

Herschie 12-16-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowTyme15 (Post 2047904882)
Retractable roofs CONFIRMED!

I love the fact in Franchise mode it will be closed according to weather. Random weather must be making its return.

Last year I was glad to see the Brewers home alternate jerseys in the game, now their roof will be accurately closed when appropriate. Very nice, considering how many games my Cubbies play up there each season.

Knight165 12-16-2015 02:03 PM

I LOVE that classic stadiums have returned!
I hope they add on to them each year.
Thank you!!!

I'm also very happy to see that closed roofs have made it in for those that have been asking for this.

Lastly.....I'm dying to know what that other new mode is.
Hoping that dev blog is soon!

Looking great.

M.K.
Knight165