Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   There is a speed cheat on Heisman (/forums/showthread.php?t=87132)

glucklich 07-13-2004 10:50 AM

There is a speed cheat on Heisman

I created a 95 SPD RB last night and tested the SPD attrubute ratings on AA vs Heisman. The team I tested against had a mid 90s SPD CB and the other CB was an 84. On Heisman when my RB would get out in front of the 84 SPD CB the RB wouldnt pull away really...last year he would. On AA however, the SPD attribute ratings were truer. If you want attribute ratings to be apples-to-apples as i do, you might want to consider this or check it out for yourself. I tested this in practice mode with the ball at my own ten and throwing a pass to the running back against the goalline defense where everyone but the corners blitz.

Dame 07-13-2004 10:53 AM

Re: There is a speed cheat on Heisman

i play all my games on heisman and i didnt recognized no speed cheat if i was in front and hes chasing me he never caught me only if his teammate had a good angle

glucklich 07-13-2004 10:56 AM

Well the question is did you pull away as you should or did the CB gain ground on you when he shouldnt have...the fact that he didnt catch you alone doesnt mean as much. All I can tell you is that if you dont believe me you should go to the practice mode and check it out for yourself...Ive already given you my method.

illidan 07-13-2004 10:57 AM

sounds like he knows what hes talking about to me.

Dame 07-13-2004 11:02 AM

whats the difference between real game and practice if i played a game and got in front of the cb and he couldnt catch me dont that prove that the cheat didnt wasnt there in my game not trying to say it didnt happen to you i'm just saying when i was in a similar situation i wasnt caught from behind

unless you trying say that you felt you should have left the cb out of the screen maybe but when i was playing i was running in front of a pretty good cb(michigan -jackson) and he didnt catch me.

Shaver 07-13-2004 11:06 AM

What were the stamina, awareness and agility ratings???? I'm sure experienced programmers and testers like yourselves were smart enough to realize that these ratings are also factored into this situation, right???

mgoblue 07-13-2004 11:07 AM

side question, aren't you faster sprinting without holding a football than you would be while running with a football? that might factor into all this, i dunno

glucklich 07-13-2004 11:10 AM

Im testing the authenticity of attribute ratings not whether a HUM controlled ballcarrier will be caught in all circumstances. If a player with a slower SPD (especially 11 below the ballcarrier) doesnt get left behind then there is a speed cheat. A DB in the mid 90s holding his ground or gaining ground slighly makes sense since the carrying the ball slows you down somewhat but the difference between 84 and 95 is vast and there is no doubt a speed cheat. Again, I invite you to look for yourself. I think the team I tested against was either CU or CSU.