Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Vote Now: Sports Game of the Year (/forums/showthread.php?t=871670)

RaychelSnr 12-22-2015 10:48 AM

Vote Now: Sports Game of the Year

Voting is now open for Sports Game of the Year! Results are hidden until we reveal the winners on January 2!

dtlm6 12-22-2015 11:39 PM

Re: Vote Now: Sports Game of the Year

Overall, this was a tremendous year overall for sports games. I purchased the following games: NHL 16, NBA 2K16, Madden NFL 16, FIFA 16, PES 2016, MLB 15 The Show and WWE 2K16. NOTE: Project Cars is a game I still plan to purchase.

For me, it came down to PES 2016 and MLB 15 The Show. In the end I give the edge to PES 2016. The three factors that I use to make my choice is graphics, gameplay and presentation. PES and MLB nailed every category. If PES could get the licenses for the Premier League and Bundesliga, it would enter greatest game of all time discussion. I know most people will vehemently disagree but I find NBA 2K's gameplay frustrating. My all-time favorite sports game is NBA 2K13 and I wish it went back to that style of gameplay. Madden has made tremendous strides but it presentation is still woeful. I had to pick one game but it hurts to not give MLB the Show the top spot because playing franchise is just so much fun.

redblacks75 12-23-2015 10:41 AM

I gave MLB 15 the nudge ahead of PES 16 due to the very facts you mentioned. No licensed Premier League, or Bundesliga at all really. I'm still playing both games though. Excellent titles.

ifleming 12-23-2015 10:42 AM

First time voting, and maybe this has been addressed in past years, but why isn't Football Manager on the list?

Turbojugend 12-23-2015 01:08 PM

The Show got my nod this year. I can't state authoritatively that it was that best game in every category (I'm sure NBA 2K outperformed in several areas), but it was far and away the sports game I spent the most time with this year. Even in the dead of winter The Show still gets console time, and that's saying something.

Simple Mathematics 12-23-2015 09:36 PM

I usually make this vote very easy on myself. Whatever game gets the most playing time from me gets my vote.

poulka 12-25-2015 06:30 PM

I have nhl, madden, NBA, FIFA, and project cars. This is tough decision.

Armor and Sword 12-26-2015 07:11 PM

It's been IMO the very best year ever for console sports games.

I have to give the nod to Madden 16. Why? It easily the best Madden I have played in 10 years. I am still playing the heck out of this game. The level of support and dedication the team at Madden has displayed has been such a joy. Madden is really good again and on the cusp of greatness.

I expected a strong game but this one exceeded my expectations.

My honarble mention goes to NHL 16