Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Sports Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   WCW :: Changing History [2K16] (/forums/showthread.php?t=872094)

bestbrother 12-29-2015 02:36 PM

WCW :: Changing History [2K16]

Lets take a small step back here, this is a chance for me to re-live some great memories via a game and as such im hoping to re-write history a little bit... in my own way.

Now the WCW has some incredible 'lore', moments that will live with those who watched it forever and then the obvious demise and amalgamation (if you will) into what we now have as the WWE. My story is not here to change that or even revive that, but to try and add something to one of the great eras in the industry.

My 'Universe' will be a spin on the WCW surviving as its own entity and how I can move it forward. It wont be perfect, you may be angry with how I create story-lines.... you may enjoy them, but what ill try to do is make wrestling entertainment how I used to love it.

Of course its all going to be ficitional and yes I am limited by the game in terms of wrestlers and functions, but I will pursue the best way forward as I can. Im not an expert in Wrestling and some parts of history may elude my memory, but please bear with me as I go.

The story itself will start in March 2001 (the month the company finally dissolved), so remember the history but look forward to the future and a new life for the WCW.

bestbrother 12-29-2015 02:50 PM

Re: WCW :: Changing History [2K16]

When Eric met Ted...

Above: He's Back... and better than ever...
Late February 2001, Atlanta, Georgia and Eric Bischoff is sat in an office awaiting the arrival of Ted Turner as the men who made WCW great, would come face to face once more...

EB - Eric Bischoff / TT - Ted Turner

TT: "Eric"

EB: "Ted, its good to see you again, why do you bring me here"

TT: "Eric, we need to get back on top. With you, we had the world of 'rasslin in our palm, but things have gone bad. Everyone made mistakes but I want to rectify them"

EB: "OK Ted, but I thought you were finished with the business, AOL... the merger? There has been alot of water under the bridge since we were on top"

TT: "I was or I lost focus to put it simply, but im back (in charge) and I want you back"

EB: "Me? For what? Its a sinking ship, its well known the place is a money pit, wrestlers sitting on big contracts, refusing to work... wheres the futu..."

TT: "Eric ill stop you there, you let me worry about the money. Im bringing you back in to run the show, do what you want with the wrestlers. Ive got guarantees that we can keep Nitro on the air for Monday night and we can also run monthly pay per views. The business is there Eric, I just need you to be the front of WCW again. Can you do it Eric?"

EB: "OK, wow, Ted, I mean... I dont know what to say"

TT: "How about yes, Eric?"

EB: "Yes... yes, I mean hell YES. Ted im in!"

With that the future was secure, sure it wasnt going to be the WCW of old, but for now the company had a new lifeline and it was in Eric Bischoff's hands to ensure that this time, WCW would remain for good.

bestbrother 12-29-2015 03:23 PM

Cutting Your Cloth

Atlanta, Georgia. Eric Bischoff has little time to prepare. Less than a week until Nitro will air its last show in March. Then just a month until the companies next PPV will air, Spring Stampede.

"First things first" said Eric to his advisers as he prepared for the upcoming Nitro. "Im going to have to make a tough decision here, but we wont be going on air with a live Nitro next Monday"

An air of silence smothered the room...

"Instead we are going to run a recap show, some key highlights of the past 12 months and more importantly, I will be doing a run down on how we are going to move forward in the short term.... at least"

Bischoffs plans were modest, he knew he had to get key wrestlers on board and as such he began work on re-negotiating as many contracts as he could. Whilst also building bridges and improving morale in the locker room of those that remained.

On the flip-side, alot of wrestlers had earned their last pay cheque with the company and in order to trim the fat, many of them would leave the WCW for good, whilst others were retained on an appearance basis.

In total 27 wrestlers committed to (or remained on) guaranteed contracts, a host of others would agree to work with the WCW on appearance based deals. It was a tightening of the belt financially, but it gave Bischoff a chance to put in place some firm storylines to set Nitro running once more.

"Champions" thought Eric. This was going to be a sore point as the leftover Champions held a certain air of 'old legacy' to them. Some strange decisions had left a tarnished edge to the Heavyweight Championship, but he had managed to get Scott Steiner (the reigning Champion) to sign a new deal with the company. Steiner albeit a beast and respected in the industry wasnt the ideal 'face' of the company and Eric knew this. A decision needed to be made...

In terms of the other belts, the US Title would get more significance and hold more importance in the company. As such, Rick Steiner (who was released from the company by Bischoff) would be stripped of the title and it would become open with an as yet decided outcome. The Tag Team Titles held by The Natural Born Thrillers would also formally be stripped from them and opened up in a tournament to be held on Nitro. (Neither Palombo or O'Haire were retained).

The more minor belts held different futures. The TV title and Hardcore Championship belts were stripped from their holders and disbanded. Bischoff knew that having so many belts in a relatively small roster and on just one TV show would be detrimental. They could be revived should the WCW succeed again, but for now they would go on hiatus.

However the Cruiserweight division remained, Bischoff and the WCW had notable success with their high flyers and he wanted to ignite that once more. Unfortunately reigning Champion Chavo Guerrero Jr. had yet to discuss his future with the company, leaving the belt in limbo for the time being.

-----

So there we have it, its a cloudy future right now but the plans are in place. The upcoming Nitro will potentially give us more insight with Bischoff's segment but for now, we know the following:
  • WCW will air one television show per week, Monday Nitro.
  • There will be a monthly PPV, continuing the companies ongoing theme, with Spring Stampede up next.

We have 4 Championships:
World Heavyweight Champion - Scott Steiner
United States Champion - vacated
World Tag Team Champions - vacated (tournament planned)
Cruiserweight Champion - Chavo Guerrero Jr. (in limbo with Chavo yet to confirm his role in the company)
**Note 'Reigning' Champions were taken from pre-March and the collapse of WCW**

wiscowilz 12-29-2015 03:39 PM

Welcome to the club.

Very interested in this.

Not happy with O'Haire not being retained, hope it's simply because there are no CAWs of him, as that point in time he was one of the top young superstars (one WCW whould have built around I feel personally).

bestbrother 12-30-2015 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiscowilz (Post 2047926117)
Welcome to the club.

Very interested in this.

Not happy with O'Haire not being retained, hope it's simply because there are no CAWs of him, as that point in time he was one of the top young superstars (one WCW whould have built around I feel personally).

Thanks mate, im slowly getting to grips with the game atm and also going to start reading the other Wrestling stories on here to get a feel for it all.

As for O'Haire, im not ruling anything out right now... but im starting with a tighter roster of Wrestlers that im more familiar with and growing from there (hopefully). The Tag division is an area where things are a little thin, so im always looking to bolster that....

bestbrother 12-30-2015 08:49 AM

Monday Nitro airs as planned, it may not have been a popular decision but Bischoff knew he had to try and get things in order before he embarked on a new future with the company.

60 minutes (interlapsed with adverts) of the best WCW moments from the last 12 months were replayed. It gave a flavor of what the company had to offer, sure things had dipped from the glory years but there was still plenty of talent available in the wrestling market to ensure that WCW could still compete at the top end of the business.

Then came the moment for Bischoffs segment. He would be positioned in the WCW offices, perched at the end of his desk, waiting to address the watching public.

"WCW.... its a home to me and thats why when Mr Turner called me back into the business, I just had to say yes"

"Things have changed though. Since I left the landscape has shifted, no longer are we beating the competition every week, no longer are we putting on shows that left you wanting more and no longer are we engaging you, the fans"

"From tonight, that all changes. We will continue to air our Nitro show every Monday, live on TNT as before. We will also run our successful PPVs every month continuing our themes and brands as we had built them...."

"But more importantly, we will be back... on top."

"You see the wrestling business needs WCW, the wrestling business needs ERIC BISCHOFF and you damn better believe, now that I am in charge again, WCW NEEDS ME!"

"So next week, right here, live on Monday Nitro you will see the best of the best once more, and for all you wrestlers watching this back home... listen up... the WCW is not your playground, ITS MINE!"

"Scott Steiner... Big Poppa Pump, this is your warning, you WILL be defending the WCW World Heavyweight Title live on next weeks Nitro. If you dare not show up, I will strip the belt from you just like I did your brother..."

"I do whats best for business and Scott Steiner... you dont have what it takes!"

With that, Eric Bischoff stands up and walks around his desk and looks out the window.... we get to see the shadow of a big man walking below, the camera pans to Bischoff smiling to himself, before fading to black.

bestbrother 12-30-2015 03:06 PM

TS = Tony Schiavone / BH = Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan

TS: "We are live in front of a sellout arena ready to bring you WCW Monday Night Nitro. It promises to be a new era under the return of Eric Bischoff, but thats not our only returning partner, as tonight I welcome back The Brain.... good to have you back here Bobby!"

BH: "Its good to be back Tony, we are stepping into the unknown tonight and I cant wait"

TS: "You bet 'Brain, we still dont know whats going to happen here, all we know is that Scott Steiner is out back in the locker room area and he looks angry, as Eric Bischoff called him out last week and announced that he had to defend the World Heavyweight belt right here in this very ring"

Opener: Perry Saturn vs Brian Pillman

Pillman and Saturn put on a fast impact match, both wrestlers having good spots and although Saturn has Pillman in a 2-count twice, its 'Flying Brian' who comes out on top as he lands a diving crossbody and rolls up Saturn straight into a pinfall.

Winner by Pinfall: Brian Pillman

Segment: Eric Bischoff

Eric Bischoff comes to the ring to a mixed reception as he grabs a mic and begins to talk.

"Scott (Steiner) I know you are here and as I am a man of my word, you will defend your belt right here tonight in the main event. Now you just need to know who you will face.... well it would be unfair for me to pick one of the guys out back, so whoever can come out here and pin me 1-2-3, will get the shot...."

Just as Bischoff finishes his words, music hits and its 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash who comes out to a loud pop. He has a mic in his hand...

"Let me get this straight Eric. If I come down there now and beat you fair and square, I get a shot at Steiner tonight?"

"Thats right Kevin, no surprises, just a chance to earn your shot"

With that Nash races to the ring, slides in under the ropes and squares up to Bischoff. They face up to each other... then...

Handshake, before Bischoff smiles and lets Nash pin him.

TS: "Whats this crap, I thought we had enough of this with the Finger Poke, but now Nash is getting another shot on the cheap!"

BH: "Its good business Tony, if its good for that, then im all for it"

Nash and Bischoff stand up, embrace and smile as the crowd boo... have they been screwed over again. Scott Steiner will certainly feel like it.

Singles Match: X-Pac vs Konnan

In almost a squash match, Konnan uses his size to overcome the returning X-Pac. The former nWo man has little impact on Konnan, as they brawl around the ringside before Konnan lands a decisive DDT and X-Pac is unable to recover.

Winner by Pinfall: Konnan

Crusierweight No.1 Contender 3-way: Rey Mysterio vs La Parka vs Chris Jericho

The Cruiserweight division remains in limbo with Chavo Guerrero Jr. in status unknown, but in preparation for his return a 3-way is setup to decide the No.1 contender.

Mysterio and La Parka instantly team up on Jericho and their high flying moves keep Jericho out of the action for the early part of the matchup. Then with Jericho seemingly insignificant, its La Parka who takes on Mysterio as they compete with the latter getting the upperhand.

As Mysterio goes to pin La Parka, its Jericho who comes to his aid and he puts on some quick offense, but eventually crashes into La Parka as they give Mysterio the upper-hand. 'Rey Rey' lands a corkscrew from the top turnbuckle on Jericho and a subsequent 1-2-3 finishes the matchup as Mysterio will get the next shot at Cruiserweight gold.

Winner by Pinfall: Rey Mysterio

Segment: Scott Steiner

Scott Steiner cuts a lonely figure backstage, he paces the dressing room, tossing tables and messing things up. Booker T appears in the background and cuts a look of 'what the hell' before he leaves the shot...

Tag Team Championship: Legion of Doom vs Bam Bam Bigelow & Vader

2 big men combine as they go for Tag Gold against long time partners L.O.D in a slobber knocker. Its not fast, but its full of impact and the Legion look lost as Vader and Bam Bam land some squashing moves, combining better as a duo than their opponents.

Then momentum shifts the way of the 'Road Warriors' as Animal gets tagged in and clears house. This leads to a rash of clotheslines and the wearing down of Bam Bam in the ring.

With Vader waiting to tag in, L.O.D use their knowledge to keep Bam Bam in their corner and as Animal rolls up the big man in a pin, Hawk clubs Vader to the floor as he tries to save the cover. There's nothing left in the tank of Bigelow and L.O.D collect the win and Tag Team gold.

Winners by Pinfall: Legion of Doom

TS: "This is it then Brain, the match we have been waiting for. Its been a fascinating night of wrestling here on Nitro. First Kevin Nash gets the title shot as we get 'Finger Poke' part 2, with Bischoff laying down for the pin"

"Then we just had the Legion of Doom come in and beat the big guys of Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow to claim Tag Team gold. But next is what we are waiting for, Scott Steiner defends his World Championship belt right here on Nitro"

BH: "I cant wait Tony, Nash looks like he has got inside the had of Steiner and thats half the battle. We will have a new Champion tonight..."

World Heavyweight Championship: Kevin Nash vs Scott Steiner (c)

Nash comes out to boo's as the crowd believe he is in cahoot with Bischoff and when Steiner takes control of the matchup early, the crowd get behind the Champion.

Kevin Nash then steps up and with Steiner sat up in the middle of the ring, Nash bounces off the ropes and lands a huge boot to the face of the Champion. Nash then takes Steiner up top and body slams him off the turnbuckle as the momentum continually shifts.

With Nash looking to take Steiner up high for a Jacknife, a reversal puts 'Big Poppa' in charge once more and as he takes Nash to the mat, he works on the big mans knees before locking in the Steiner Recliner.

Nash looks beat, but then....
<iframe width="100" height="50" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Juqm94sUV_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Steiner releases Nash, its Bischoff... he is making his way to the ring in his nWo attire. No one expected a nWo return, but Bischoff is here...

Scott Steiner points to Bischoff, but he soon turns his attention back to Nash and plants back-to-back suplexes on the big man to continue his dominance. Bischoff remains on the outside and this time gets involved as he drags Steiner off Nash with the count at 2.

With Steiner dealing with Bischoff, Nash recovers. With both men back in the ring, Nash again lands a big boot on the Champion. He then climbs to the top turnbuckle and connects with a huge elbow drop. Steiner somehow staggers to his feet, but Nash lands a knockout punch and with Steiner down, the ref rattles off a 1-2-3.. signalling the win for the challenger and the crowning of Nash as the new Champion.

Winner by Pinfall: Kevin Nash

Nash celebrates, but Bischoff swiftly leaves with a smile on his face. Maybe Nash hasnt bought into his nWo angle just yet.... either way, both men have what they want (for now).

Steiner looks distraught, he has been screwed over and readily staggers towards the backstage area seemingly on a mission to find Bischoff.

TS: "Incredible Brain, Steiner has been screwed... and we have a new Champion. Kevin Nash holds the gold in WCW, its been a night to remember. Join us here again next week.. what a night!"

wiscowilz 12-30-2015 04:05 PM

Good first show.

LOD as champions is awesome.

Was kind of hoping there would be no mention of the nWo for awhile myself.

One editing thing, the small font is hard to read, I would just type it all the same size personally.