Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   WILL ANYONE EVER MAKE A GAME LIKE THIS AGAIN (/forums/showthread.php?t=872119)

lordenforcer 12-29-2015 08:18 PM

WILL ANYONE EVER MAKE A GAME LIKE THIS AGAIN

FBPro98...

I mean this had mostly everything..

play editor
coach mode play calling
online h2h career leagues
graphics

I mean all these games come out and fit into either 2 categories..
1- madden twitch NON COACH MODE GAMES (that coach mode NEVER WORKS RIGHT WITH)
2- total simulation with no coach mode playcalling

Why is it so damn hard to recreate a great game like fbporo98... with all the new improvements and advancements.

I mean I would consider a good game to be:
online career coach mode h2h with some type of graphics even if very simple such as X's and O's like the old XOR NFL CHALLENGE!

that would be so very wonderful!

LE

JayBee74 01-02-2016 10:10 PM

Re: WILL ANYONE EVER MAKE A GAME LIKE THIS AGAIN

Played a Front Page Sports game on my brother's computer late in 1994 (not sure if it was FPS '93 or '95) and was very impressed, but it's been so long ago. Quite a detailed game considering the limitations of the computer then. I believe you had the capability of playing someone by sending your team and gameplan through an email interface. You might know more about this if you played versions earlier than '98.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordenforcer (Post 2047926528)
Why is it so damn hard to recreate a great game like fbporo98... with all the new improvements and advancements.

Good question. I think it's all about what sells and not about what's necessarily better. If APF 2K8 couldn't get any traction or a redo........

GlennN 01-03-2016 11:26 AM

It was tried with Maximum Football, but unfortunately it failed (a one man team just can't do this complicated a project). http://www.matrixgames.com/products/...m-Football.2.0

I agree with you - I hope a company gives it a shot at some point. Funny though, I don't care about coach mode or H2H - I just want a game where attributes determine the effect of the play more than the gamer's reflexes (so the difficulty setting is how good your players are).

timisone 01-05-2016 08:33 PM

I think madden buying the Nfl kinda of killed hope for this.

RomanReigns 01-28-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timisone (Post 2047937429)
I think madden buying the Nfl kinda of killed hope for this.

Not really. Once could easily make a game like this, and just use fictional rosters.

K33057 01-28-2016 11:42 PM

Unnecessary roughness 96 isn't a bad game. much like FPS fb98