Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   College Football Playoff Final: #1 Clemson vs. #2 Alabama (1-11-16) (/forums/showthread.php?t=872244)

Psyblast 01-01-2016 03:19 AM

College Football Playoff Final: #1 Clemson vs. #2 Alabama (1-11-16)

Annnnnnd go.

AUChase 01-01-2016 05:22 AM

Re: College Football Playoff Final: #1 Clemson vs. #2 Alabama (1-11-16)

Playing for it all... is it finally time for Dabo to cut the "no one ever gives us a chance or credit" thing he does too often ?

Clemson does everything that tends to give Saban coached Alabama teams the most trouble. It could and should be a fun game.

canes21 01-01-2016 10:32 AM

The Alabama Clemson Title.

How can I not root for the man that helped potentially get Miami back up with his throbbing of Alfredo Golden.

Jr. 01-01-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUChase (Post 2047929811)
Playing for it all... is it finally time for Dabo to cut the "no one ever gives us a chance or credit" thing he does too often ?.

Depends if they're favored or not.

It'll be interesting to see what Watson can do against the Bama defense. The narrative is that mobile QBs who can actually throw have given Bama problems, but it was really only Cam Newton and Johnny Manziel, two of the best QBs in CFB history, that did that. I don't think Watson is to the level of those 2, and this is Saban's best defense he's had.

The key will be if Coker can do what he did last night, again. If he can, I think Bama takes it. If he can't, I think Clemson does. They're gonna be keyed on stopping Henry, so Coker needs to have another good game.

Bamafan3723 01-01-2016 11:15 AM

It's going to be a long week. Obviously Watson's ability to run and throw makes me nervous. I hope we can get pressure on him without letting him out of the pocket. Of the teams we've played this year the best I can think to compare him to is Josh Dobbs and Dak Prescott. Obviously Prescott is much bigger but he still had the run/pass threat. I tend to think Dobbs would be a better comparison but I haven't seen Watson that much this year although I imagine he is probably faster and a better passer. That's not a knock on Dobbs, I think he is pretty good.

KG 01-01-2016 12:02 PM

I think people sleep on how good Clemson's defense is because of how dynamic Watson is. W/o the ACC DPOY for most of the game they went out and played really well vs a red hot OU offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 01-01-2016 12:34 PM

Line is out.

Alabama: -7

Over/Under: 53.5

Sportsbuck 01-01-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG (Post 2047930050)
I think people sleep on how good Clemson's defense is because of how dynamic Watson is. W/o the ACC DPOY for most of the game they went out and played really well vs a red hot OU offense.

Clemson's defense has been perpetually underrated for the past several years, especially their defensive line. They dominated a very good OSU offensive line in 2013 that had 4 starters starting in the NFL as rookies (and Taylor Decker will join them soon), and dominated Oklahoma up front from about the 2nd quarter on.

Those big guys down south are something else.