Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Has anyone found a fix or band aid for the defenders leaving who there covering (/forums/showthread.php?t=872408)

jsou4646 01-04-2016 02:54 AM

Has anyone found a fix or band aid for the defenders leaving who there covering

This is my main gripe with the game. I know there's other areas of concern, but this kills the game for me. There's always players springing open who have no point in being open. It happens all the time, I replay it and see either my coy defender or the cpu defenders just standing here laying way off who there supposed to cover. It's a game killer. I've played this series since the dream cast days religiously. This years game is the biggest tease ever. Great graphics and presentation, even some great gameplay aspects, but the defenders leaving Thier player for reason defies the point of playing defense. Major disappointment after 4 patches I've waited thinking it will be fixed. Does anyone know of a fix for this. I play offline franchise.

JoFri 01-04-2016 03:34 AM

Re: Has anyone found a fix or band aid for the defenders leaving who there covering

if i understand correctly, u meant shooters were wide open when their man sag off to help on a pick & roll play. is that correct?
no official solution. what i do is play off-ball so i can look out for such instances. the camera angle allows me to see the entire court clearly.

ataman5 01-04-2016 04:20 AM

Re: Has anyone found a fix or band aid for the defenders leaving who there covering

Simple basketball defense logic you can't expect everything to be done by ai:

What i do playing on-ball

- Help the helper; if you see that the opponent always tries to find the open guy make your own ball defender on pick and roll go to defend the helping player. What i mean is go defend your helpers assignment.

- Or just make sure for whom you don't want help to come from such as defenders of Korver or Klay Thompson then assign your defensive ofball setting for those guys as deny and make sure you've matched them up with an above average iq guy so that they stick to your assignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kully 01-04-2016 07:49 AM

I just run them back manually. I keep reading people stating to set shooters as deny with high IQ guys, but that never worked for me.

ataman5 01-04-2016 08:19 AM

Also one more thing if you try your best to defend the pick as go over and stop the dribbler on top then you'll mostly don't see any help that will come. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 24th Letter 01-04-2016 08:44 AM

The individual defensive settings work pretty well for me, but one piece of advice I would give is to give space while you're defending on ball and make sure you're not constantly crowding.

What happens, is that the help is ridiculously sensitive, if it even gets an inkling that someone is free they will rotate and throw everything else out of whack. This is especially a killer at the top of the key.

I noticed once I started defending like this, the less I started seeing this stuff...

What kill's me is that the weak side bigs don't always have this same sense of urgency, lol

DolfanDave 01-04-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsou4646 (Post 2047934187)
This is my main gripe with the game. I know there's other areas of concern, but this kills the game for me. There's always players springing open who have no point in being open. It happens all the time, I replay it and see either my coy defender or the cpu defenders just standing here laying way off who there supposed to cover. It's a game killer. I've played this series since the dream cast days religiously. This years game is the biggest tease ever. Great graphics and presentation, even some great gameplay aspects, but the defenders leaving Thier player for reason defies the point of playing defense. Major disappointment after 4 patches I've waited thinking it will be fixed. Does anyone know of a fix for this. I play offline franchise.

Well, I had the same issue decided 2k16 wasn't for me. Also been playing since dreamcast also. Too much hand holding this year on defense to the point I was playing more off ball than I ever have. Which felt as if I am fighting with my own teammates.

But the bigger issue for me being offline is when I am on offense and the cpu defense "gives" me points due to gawd awful help/transition defense. No setting/sliders i have test it can overcome that issue.

All I can tell you is just lower your expectations and adapt or trade it in. I did the latter. It was hard but like I say Beyonce wasn't putting out so she ain't doing me no good [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

AgentMurk 01-04-2016 10:34 AM

Computer AI frustrates the hell out of people man. Like others mentioned sometimes you have to play off ball defense...unfortunately.