Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   2015 Sports Game of the Year: Most Innovative Feature (/forums/showthread.php?t=872496)

RaychelSnr 01-05-2016 03:15 PM

2015 Sports Game of the Year: Most Innovative Feature

Innovation is hard to come by at times for sports games. Not only do most of these games come out on a yearly basis, they're also usually trying to simply mimic real life. There are fewer arcade games around that can surprise you with weird and niche touches, and so what we sometimes end up with are "safe" games that try to nail realism as much as possible. And look, that's commendable and appreciated, but being innovative while trying to copy what you watch on TV is not always going to get you your due credit from a wider audience. That being said, there were some standout innovations in this year's crop of games, and we'll get to them after the jump.

Read More - 2015 Sports Game of the Year: Most Innovative Feature

misterkrabz 01-05-2016 05:57 PM

Big fan of Draft Champs. Would love to see similar modes in other sports games.

IlluminatusUIUC 01-07-2016 06:12 PM

Draft champions takes most of what I liked about the All Pro Football 2K8 mode. I just wish the games were longer, not tuned so heavily towards offense, and there were deeper modes. I would love to be able to save a team out of that and drop it into a franchise.

syk_skillz 01-07-2016 07:52 PM

Draft Champions is great and one of my most played modes in Madden. I think The Gauntlet should have got a mention from NBA 2K16 aswell even though the matchups can be way unfair at times I find it a good addition too. There is also the Uniform/Arena design feature in NBa 2K16 that is also great imo

elgreazy1 01-08-2016 01:06 PM

Re: 2015 Sports Game of the Year: Most Innovative Feature

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC (Post 2047940703)
Draft champions takes most of what I liked about the All Pro Football 2K8 mode. I just wish the games were longer, not tuned so heavily towards offense, and there were deeper modes. I would love to be able to save a team out of that and drop it into a franchise.

You hit it right on the head. This was by far my favorite mode of M16 because it allowed for teams to have obvious weaknesses instead of facing the top-tier teams (Panthers, Patriots, etc) online all day.

binga30 02-06-2016 03:31 PM

Draft champions is great, but seriously 200 draft badges for some of the rewards is BS.