Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New Course & Unannounced Feature Coming Soon For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR (/forums/showthread.php?t=872579)

Steve_OS 01-07-2016 05:39 AM

New Course & Unannounced Feature Coming Soon For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Designer, Justin Patel has mentioned a new course is coming soon. It will either be Oakmont or the TPC Stadium Course at PGA West. He didn't confirm which one. On another note, the team has been working on an unannounced feature, which is scheduled to arrive when the next course is released, possibly even sooner.

What do you think it could be?

Quote:

Hope you all had a good holiday season. I know you're all looking forward to the next update. As you know, we still have Oakmont and the TPC Stadium Course at PGA West to release that we have announced. I'm not gonna say which is coming next, but I will say that we hit 0 bugs on that update today. So a little more testing to make sure we didn't miss anything and then we will be sending it off to certification. No date yet but hopefully it gets out soon enough.

I will also say that we have been working on something that hasn't been announced yet. That feature has been taking up most of our time lately so you won't see any new features in the next update, just a course. But that feature is coming along nicely and my hope is that we can have it out by the following course update if not sooner.

Dazraz 01-07-2016 06:44 AM

Return of Quick Tournament Mode please.

capa 01-07-2016 08:26 AM

Re: New Course & Unannounced Feature Coming Soon For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

I pray it is some feature that expands on the realism for the game and not something like "you can now play golf on the moon" or something like that...

C

BKJ7 01-07-2016 10:25 AM

I hope it's something to do with new online game modes like alternate shot but I doubt it. Glad to see a new course coming though.

Edit - the ability to actually watch your playing partners from their point of view finish the hole would be welcomed as well. This over head view needs to go.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

brandon27 01-07-2016 10:44 AM

Nice to see another Course coming. Got to love that. Although, I'm not going to lie, I wish it was Pebble Beach.

As for the feature... I wonder if they've been working on bringing back the country clubs? Probably off base here, seems like it would be a lot to add.

catcherforbaseball 01-07-2016 11:34 AM

Bring back GameTrax! Best feature in a golf game I've seen. Makes it a competition on every hole. Also, Country Clubs were very cool as well.

scagwi 01-07-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capa (Post 2047939741)
I pray it is some feature that expands on the realism for the game and not something like "you can now play golf on the moon" or something like that...

C

Or perhaps "interplanetary golf"!

"try to hole out on Mars when teeing off on the Moon!"

Buddywalker 01-07-2016 06:12 PM

Replay Mode with different camera angles?
I'm just dreaming.