Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Post-play celebrations/taunts (/forums/showthread.php?t=872934)

CSL 01-13-2016 08:21 PM

Post-play celebrations/taunts

Just wondering which taunts/celebrations people have noticed after tackles, big plays, touchdowns etc. I remember threads discussing this a few years back but I haven't seen one for a while and was prompted to make it after Aaron Lynch tackled Matt Ryan for a safety and put his hands together above his head, like a prayer or some kind of chopping reference maybe.

I know in years past there have been plenty in the game, be it player specific, school specific and so on (see: The X, Ballin, The U, the Salsa etc) Just wondering what you've noticed this year or ones from previous years that are still in, ones you liked that have been taken out etc.

CSL 01-13-2016 08:25 PM

Re: Post-play celebrations/taunts

aforementioned Lynch one, not sure if it means something or whether it's generic if anybody knows

IlluminatusUIUC 01-13-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 2047952201)

aforementioned Lynch one, not sure if it means something or whether it's generic if anybody knows

That is the referee signal for a safety.

CSL 01-13-2016 09:03 PM

ha well that would make sense! :D

NDAlum 01-13-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 2047952201)

It all makes sense now...

CSL 01-13-2016 10:18 PM

On average, there are less than 20 safeties per year in the NFL. And unlike most referee signals you see, the focus isn't actually on the ref when they occur. I'm probably more likely to know the signal for tripping than I am for a safety buddy.

CSL 01-13-2016 10:19 PM

I just scored a touchdown with Carlos Hyde and he ran into the end zone , stopped and lifted both arms in the air. What could that mean? Maybe some kind of calling to the gods?

njmcfreak 01-14-2016 02:44 AM

Conan O'Brien's string dance is my favorite. When I saw that I literally yelled out of enjoyment.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk