Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   EA Sports UFC 2 Closed Beta Launches on January 28 (/forums/showthread.php?t=872974)

aholbert32 01-14-2016 03:10 PM

EA Sports UFC 2 Closed Beta Launches on January 28

The EA Sports UFC 2 closed beta is scheduled to release on Thursday, January 28 and ending on February 4 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The closed beta is only available to gamers that own the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 version of EA Sports UFC and live in North America.

This is a closed beta and is only eligible to fans who own Xbox One or PlayStation 4 and are EA SPORTS UFC owners in North America. For those of you that meet those requirements, make sure you register here. Quite a few people are having problems registering at the moment, most getting the "Sorry, you are not eligible to participate in the beta at this time" message. We have contacted EA about the issue and will update this post when we hear anything back. Once it is up and running without any issues, you will have until January 21 at 10:00 AM PT to register, for a chance to receive a code.
  • The download will be roughly 11 GB
  • The exact time will vary based on platform and region
  • You will not be able to pre-load the beta
Game Modes in Closed Beta

Quick Fight
  • Featuring the deepest roster of any fighting simulation, select fighters from the Welterweight division and step into the Octagon for a 3 or 5 round bout.
UFC Ultimate Team
  • Create your team of up to five fighters using UFC 2’s deep customization options. Compete in online or offline competitions to progress your fighters and earn Coins that open packs which deliver special items used to sculpt your team into the most explosive in the UFC.
Practice Mode
  • A no-consequences environment designed to let you master the basics of striking, grappling and clinch-work at your own pace before putting your skills to the test in real competition.
Skill Challenges
  • Dive into all-new mini-games to help players learn and perfect stand-up, clinch, and ground disciplines.
Other notes from the FAQ:

Can I play online against other players?

The EA SPORTS UFC 2 beta will support online play. You can throwdown against (1) online opponent in a 1 vs. 1 fight.

Will I be able to customize my fighter in the beta?

Yes. In UFC Ultimate Team you can create your own team of custom fighters. After each fight, win or lose, earn Coins to open Fight Packs that contain items that improve your fighters. These items allow you to customize your fighter by giving them unique moves, attributes, perks and more.

Will my UFC Ultimate Team stats carry over to the main game?

No, any stats or progression during the beta will not carry over to the full game when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches in March 2016. However the skills you learn through this beta will!

Will I have to re-create my Ultimate Team when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches on March 15?

Yes, teams created in the beta will not carry over to the full game.

Source - EA Sports UFC 2

aholbert32 01-14-2016 03:18 PM

Re: EA UFC 2 Beta starts January 28

Register here:
https://www.easports.com/ufc/beta-logged-out

bcruise 01-14-2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2047953361)

Page says I'm not eligible, and I definitely owned UFC (though I got it on a PSN sale, not right of the bat). It's sitting on my HD right now. I'm pretty sure I even played online so there should be a record of it.

Any ideas? I didn't get an email either, and they're apparently going out now.

allBthere 01-14-2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcruise (Post 2047953369)
Page says I'm not eligible, and I definitely owned UFC (though I got it on a PSN sale, not right of the bat). It's sitting on my HD right now. I'm pretty sure I even played online so there should be a record of it.

same for me. I actually owned it on both systems so...

Freakywwe 01-14-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Did you opt in by the 9th? I didn't until the 12th and it says I'm eligible either. I'm guessing it's that

aholbert32 01-14-2016 03:32 PM

Quote:

I think that all of the opt-ins havent been processed. Try later.

bcruise 01-14-2016 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakywwe (Post 2047953388)
Did you opt in by the 9th? I didn't until the 12th and it says I'm eligible either. I'm guessing it's that

I opted in at whatever the first possible moment was that I knew about it, when aholbert and GameplayDevUFC made their posts about it. I'm sure that was before the 12th.

aholbert32 01-14-2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakywwe (Post 2047953388)

I dont know. I opted in one email address this morning and its the only one that I was able to register. The one I opted-in last week was said to be ineligible.