Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K PC Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=288)
-   -   NBA 2K16 Presents: Face Scan on PC w/ Intel RealSense Camera (/forums/showthread.php?t=872981)

Steve_OS 01-14-2016 05:11 PM

NBA 2K16 Presents: Face Scan on PC w/ Intel RealSense Camera

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SIPV5BCeZ7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Face Scan technology has come to NBA 2K on PC for the first time. Step into the game and technology’s next dimension.

The Scan Your Face feature in the PC version of NBA 2K16 uses depth-sensing technology of the Intel® RealSense™ camera.

seanie719 01-14-2016 05:56 PM

Re: NBA 2K16 Presents: Face Scan on PC w/ Intel RealSense Camera

Is this active? Has anyone tried this? I'm really excited for this.

SoxFan01605 01-14-2016 11:35 PM

If it's specifically through the Intel Realsense tech, then I doubt many will get to use it, as I don't think there are currently any external Realsense cameras on the market (though I'm sure there will be eventually). So, you'd have to have a system that already came with their camera ( in other words, it can't be just any webcam).

nickthemajin 01-15-2016 12:04 AM

What is the point? The majority of us PC gamers are using desktops. You're telling me we can only do this with specific laptops and those of us with real gaming computers are out of luck?

fearwhatnow 01-15-2016 08:29 AM

I'm speechless.
2k added Facescan and only supports a specific camera that is integrated in a specific laptop which I doubt it can run 2k16 even on low settings.

:appl:

3mir 01-15-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearwhatnow (Post 2047954521)
I'm speechless.
2k added Facescan and only supports a specific camera that is integrated in a specific laptop which I doubt it can run 2k16 even on low settings.

:appl:

Behindshadows 01-16-2016 03:58 AM

Yeah I saw this and was like wait we requested this feature in 2k15 and 2k16...and now you have to buy a mediocre laptop to use a camera there to put your face in-game.. WOW

I have a $200 Logitech Webcam that does 1080p 60fps..

My Gaming Desktop is AMD 90K times faster, and more powerful than this crap laptop...great job of adding a feature that maybe 6 people in the whole world will actually get a chance to use...

Who the heck plays 2k on a crap laptop....When I'm running 4k on my desktop... #SMH

You have let all your true fans down and to make it so bad the competition did it with an app on a phone...lol...

fearwhatnow 01-16-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behindshadows (Post 2047956116)
Yeah I saw this and was like wait we requested this feature in 2k15 and 2k16...and now you have to buy a mediocre laptop to use a camera there to put your face in-game.. WOW

I have a $200 Logitech Webcam that does 1080p 60fps..

My Gaming Desktop is AMD 90K times faster, and more powerful than this crap laptop...great job of adding a feature that maybe 6 people in the whole world will actually get a chance to use...

Who the heck plays 2k on a crap laptop....When I'm running 4k on my desktop... #SMH

You have let all your true fans down and to make it so bad the competition did it with an app on a phone...lol...

Obviously everything for 2k is marketing, marketing and marketing. Ok no problem, they're a company and they're looking for profit. Most probably Intel and HP paid a decent amount to advertise their products. But if they're thinking we're idiots they're mistaken.